11-22-2019 04:40 PM
I have noticed that my OfficeJet 3830 stops printing in color whenever a major Windows 10 update is applied. Color prints come out as black & white (grayscale).
I have been able to resolve the problem by uninstalling the standard printer driver, re-downloading it from the HP support page and installing it again. This is happening on multiple PCs in my home, so I don't think it's an issue with the computer.
I have searched this and other online forums, but have not found a solution other than uninstalling and reinstalling the printer driver after every Windows update. There's got to be a better solution! Any other suggestions?
P.S. Most of my printing is from MS Office applications (Word and Excel).
11-25-2019 10:38 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community!
I reviewed your post and I understand that you are unable to print from your laptop after Windows update.
Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.
I recommend you follow the below steps and check if it helps.
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Remove USB cable, if present.
- Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.
- Now plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord (This is important) and then plug back the power cord to the printer.
- Turn on the printer and wait till warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle.
If you continue facing the issue, then follow the below steps.
1.) In Windows, search for and open Programs and features
2.) Select your HP Printer
3.) Select Uninstall
4.) In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers
5.) In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose 'Delete' or 'Remove Device'
6.) Open up the run command with the "Windows key + R" key combo.
7.) Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe” and “/s”)
8.) Click on the "Drivers" tab
9.) Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom
10.) Select Ok
11.) Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows
12.) Close Devices and Printers
13.) Restart the PC
14.) Download and install the printer software from the below link.
Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!
If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!
I am an HP Employee