02-12-2019 06:44 PM
Thank you for joining the HP Forums!
I understand when you print from your printer the printer is printing blank pages.
Don't worry I'll try to help you out.
Did you make any changes to your printer?
Does the issue persist when you make a copy from your printer?
Have you tried printing using a different application?
As you mentioned when you print from your printer it is printing blank pages.
Let’s first try and make a “photocopy” to determine whether the issue is with the printer or not. Place a document on the scanner glass and choose “Copy” option. If the printer is making a good copy, then the printer hardware is fine.
If the copy works fine on your printer try to uninstall the printer software from root level and install the full feature printer software on your PC.
Try the steps recommended below.
- Press “Windows key” + “r” to get the “Run” window.
- Type "services.msc" to get Services – Go to “Print spooler” – Right-click and “Stop” the service.
- Now again open "Run" - Type “spool” and ok - Go to PRINTERS folder - delete everything in that folder.
- Go to services again - Start the print spooler.
- Now check for issue resolution.
- If the issue persists, also try clean installing the printer drivers. Here are the steps:
- First, unplug the USB cable from the printer if present.
- Go to Control panel – Programs and feature – Select all the HP Officejet printer entries and uninstall them.
- Now go to Control panel – Devices and printer – Select all the printer entries and remove the device.
- Press the "windows key" + "r" to get the "Run" window open - Type "printui.exe /s" (There is a space between .exe & /) and press enter.
- Under print server properties, go to drivers - remove any entry there as well.
- Again, go to the Run window, type – “c:/programdata” – Go to Hewlett Packard folder, remove any printer related folders & files.
- Restart your computer.
- Please click here (Please select the correct Operating system and version of Windows before downloading and installing the full feature software for the printer).
- Connect the USB cable if prompted and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
Refer this article to further troubleshoot printer printing blank pages.
If the solution provided worked for you, please mark accepted solution for this post.
Let me know if this helps!
I hope you have a great day! 🙂
Please click "Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the "Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say "Thanks" for helping!
I am an HP Employee