04-28-2020 03:32 PM
Keep getting message "scanner unreacheable" and when I run latest HP Print and Scan Doctor it stops and highlights driver while all other indicators are green. Have tried to download V28.8 for Windows that can with printer but now changes after doing so. I can print remotely from my pc but that's about it. Would appreciate any help someone may have to offer. Thx
05-05-2020 03:51 PM
Welcome to HP support community.
Check the scanner bar functionality: partially lift the scanner lid, and then press the Copy button or icon. If the scanner light does not illuminate or move across the glass.
Perform a power reset
- Turn on the printer, if it is not already on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Wait at least 30 seconds.
- Plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet and printer without any surge protector.
- Turn on the printer.
Update the printer firmware
Here are the steps:- Click here
I hope that helps.
To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.
I am an HP Employee