Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here
Hi - new issue with this HP Officejet 4620...since changing the black ink cartridge, the printer will only print blank pages. I have tried the following:
- Cleaned any possible residue off the cartridge
- Trying a different new cartridge
- Ensured the cartridges were not expired
- Ensured cartridges were genuine HP
- Ran diagnostic printer report from control panel -- it went through the whole process and still popped out a blank page
- Wiped down the contact area of the cartridge with a lint-free cloth
- Unplugged the printer for 60+ seconds, then restarted
- Tried switching settings to printing in grayscale only, then tried black ink only
Any advice? Thank you!
Welcome to the HP Support Community. I understand you are not able to print in black. I'd be happy to assist you.
Was the previous black ink cartridge working fine?
I appreciate your efforts in trying to resolve this issue by performing all the necessary troubleshooting steps.
If you have tried the steps mentioned in this document and the issue persists, I'm afraid this is a hardware issue.
This could be an issue with the new black ink cartridge or the printer itself. We will have to use another new black ink cartridge to make sure.
Please reach out to the HP Support in your region regarding the service options.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Have a great day!
KUMAR0307 I am an HP Employee
Didn't find what you were looking for?
Ask the community