Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet 5610 All-in-One
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Love my dinosaur of a printer/copier/scanner/fax, HOWEVER, it started "printing blank pages."  The printhead moves, the paper goes in and comes out fine, but the page is blank. I downloaded the support.hp.com/support, downloaded the Print and Scan Doctor, did all of that, I still have the same issue. This started when I noticed that my copies were printing in dark grey, not black. I clicked on Printer Properties in the print window, went to the color tab. Color options - the "print in grey scale" was checked, so I unchecked it and clicked on "black print cartridge only." THIS is when the pages began coming out completely blank. I went back and changed it back to a check mark in "print in grey scale," and chose "high quality," rather than "black print cartridge only." No love. All coming out blank. In the Print and Scan Doctor, I opted to print a 'test page,' and VIOALA!!!  It was perfect!! So, I tried to print any document from my computer - blank paper. UGH!!  Tried cleaning the print heads. Still blank. Tried to align print heads, when the alignment page printed, only the blue streaks printed, not the black info at the top of the page, so it wouldn't work when I put it on the scanner bed. Suggestions?  Please?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

I changed the black ink cartridge (though it was not empty) and that solved the issue. YaY !  😀

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.