11-21-2016 11:28 AM
This is what i have done:
- deleted the print queue
- Rebooted the router
- Rebooted printer
- Rebooted PC
- Reset the printer to factory defaults
- Reconnected to wireless network manually (WPS, didn't work) - it was hit and miss for a while
- Installed the latest printer software on the PC
- Tried to install latest firmware but am unable to connect to the printer
- Turned off windows firewall to test, no luck.
- Printed network diagnostics report - it all shows as good with no issues
- I changed the channel on the wireless router from auto to channel 11
- Managed to get the queue added on PC
- Can connect and successfully print via USB
- Successfully copied a doc
- Cannot scan
Any tips would be most welcome.
11-22-2016 12:28 PM
Thanks for reaching out! This is a great location to get resolutions and interact with experts from the community. I understand that there are wifi connectivity issues with your printer.
Awesome and excellent troubleshooting was done by you. Hats off to you on that score.:) Such extensive and copious troubleshooting speaks of outstanding technical expertise. It is always a genuine pleasure to work with technically smart and competent customers like you. I take it as a privilege to share this platform with you. :)
Please perform these steps and let me know how this goes.
Please check if the router is s dual band. Please ensure that the printer computer and router connect at 2.4 Ghz.
- Please change the router channel to 11.
- Make sure that the router operates at B/G only and not b/g/n/ac
- Make sure that the computer firewall and the router firewall are turned off.
- No try to connect the printer to the network and check if it works.
Hope this helps. Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. :) Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you.
To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. :)
Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. :)
I am an HP Employee
- HP Printers - Minimum security settings for products on the open Internet
- HP Printers - AirPrint Print Job Does Not Print (iOS 11, Sierra, High Sierra)
- HP Printers - Cannot Print When One of the HP Ink Cartridges is Empty
- HP Printers - Printer is Offline (Windows)
- HP Printers - Having Trouble Claiming Your Printer?