Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet 6700 Premium
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello,

I have a HP Officejet 6700 Premium from a few year back.  For the most part it worked fine.  One day recently, out of the blue, I received an error and it will not print now.  The error reads; "Printer Failure - There is a problem with the printer or ink system.  Turn printer off, then on.  If problem persists, contact HP.  0x61011bed"

I have followed all the troubleshooting steps provided by HP.  I have replaced all ink cartridges.  Still no resolution.  I found out how to access the engineering menu to do a hard reset but I'm not ready to do that yet.  My understanding is that a hard reset may require setup cartridges which I do not have.  

Does anyone have any idea on how to resolve this issue?

Thanks.  

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi! @Morpheus99, Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community!

I understand you are getting an error- printer or ink system failure on your printer.

Don't worry I'd like to help you out.

Did you make any changes to your printer?

Have you tried checking with a different ink cartridge?

As you mentioned you have tried all the steps but you are afraid to perform semi full reset on your printer.

Performing a semi full reset will not ask for any setup cartridges, So you try performing a semi full reset on your printer and check if it helps.

Please try few steps recommended below.

In some cases, a printer reset can clear the error message.

1.Turn the printer on, if it is not already on. 

2.Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.

3. With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.

4.Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.

5.Wait at least 60 seconds.

6.Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.

   note:

HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to the wall outlet.

7.Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.

8.Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.

The printer might go through a warm-up period. The printer lights might flash, and the carriage might move. 

9.Wait until the warm-up period finishes and your printer is idle and silent before you proceed.

Refer this article to further troubleshoot ink system failure issues.

If the issue still persists after trying out the steps, try performing a semi full reset on your printer and check if it helps.

Since the steps to perform semi full reset is confidential. I will send you the steps in a private message, please watch your inbox for more information.

Let me know if it helps!

Have a great day! 🙂

Please click "Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the "Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say "Thanks" for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Good day

Don't worry I'd like to help you out.

I have the same issue with my Officejet 6700, too. I did all the above troubleshooting. But to no success.

If the issue still persists after trying out the steps, try performing a semi full reset on your printer and check if it helps.

Since the steps to perform semi full reset is confidential. I will send you the steps in a private message, please watch your inbox for more information.

Any chance, I could try that reset, too, with my printer?

It would be a shame to dipose of it, especially since I still have about a $100 worth of ink in storage!

Thank you in advance,

M

HP Recommended

Hello, Im experiencing the same error. Havent used the printer in a while. I moved it from one address to another, when I powered it back on, the same error appeared to me. Tried the factory reset in the options menu, aswell as the reset by removing the power source for about a minute, still no go.

Also replaced cartridges with genuine HP ones (hella expensive btw), still no go.

Any help would be appreciated, TIA

Edit: Any help that does not include me having to pay another €23 for tech support, that's 50% the cost of a new printer nowadays

HP Recommended

Try all these Google threads here.

https://www.google.com/search?q=There+is+a+problem+with+the+printer+or+ink+system&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&...

Search for more if needed.   Good luck.

HP Recommended
Can I get the steps for the semi full reset for my printer? I am having the same issues.
HP Recommended

I have the same problem. It would be great if you could please send me instructions as to how to semi-full-reset my computer

HP Recommended

I just completed the steps you suggest for turning power off and then on, with no success.  Can you send me info as to how to do the semi reset?

HP Recommended

I am having the same issue. Could you please send me the instructions for doing a reset

HP Recommended

I'm  having the same issues with HP Office jet 6700 printer.  Tried the above mentioned steps with no success.  Please send me the soft reset steps.  thank you

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.