Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet 6700
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I have a HP Officejet 6700 Premium for home that I've been using for years now and has been printing fine for a while. I recently moved, so I successfully connected my printer to my Internet wirelessly (it's impossible to connect through wire as the router is on a different floor) and it has been working fine for my sister's HP laptop as she printed her resume on it. I also recently bought a Lenovo Ideapad 330S for college running on Windows 10, and tonight it's come time to print my first essay. I wrote it in Microsoft Office Word and when I go to print it on my printer after connecting it, the cartridges move a tiny bit but within 5 seconds my printer freaks out, displays a blue-and-white power symbol for a second with error code B80003F8, then all of its lights start flashing and the screen tells me that I have to power cycle it in order to continue using it. When it's back on, my print doesn't go through, and it isn't even in queue to begin with, meaning I can't print with my laptop as it is right now. I've currently tried a hard reset on the printer and completely re-connecting my computer to the printer multiple times, both to no avail. I have completely reinstalled the drivers here:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-officejet-6700-premium-e-all-in-one-printer-seri...

I've converted the document to PDF and tried printing it that way, and instead the printer doesn't lock up, it just spits out a blank page. For whatever reason, a test page prints just fine. The printer driver is set as Generic/Text Only, I think. Please help out, essay is due Monday!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@SilverShr0ud

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Are you able to make a copy? If not, I recommend you to contact the HP Support Team as this could be a hardware issue.

Link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp?openCLC=true

Note:  Select the country accordingly to get the contact details for support.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.