Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have a problem with a HP Officejet 6815. 

A printhead problem. 

Can't do anything with that, it doesn't let me access the menu display. 

Of course, this is the kind of model where you can't just easely replace the printhead. 

So before I take that garbage out and throw it in the street, is there anything I can do to resolve that?

I'm really, really displeased by the product and his durability! 

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@Christian555

I'll be glad to help you with this issue.

I suggest you do a Hard Reset on the printer

(1) Turn the printer on, if it is not already on.

(2) Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.

(3) With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.

(4) Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.

(5) Wait at least 60 seconds.

(6) Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.

NOTE: HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to the wall outlet.

(7) Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.

(8) Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.

The printer might go through a warm-up period. The printer lights might flash, and the carriage might move.

Wait until the warm-up period finishes and your printer is idle and silent before you proceed.

Then refer to this document: https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-officejet-6810-e-all-in-one-printer-series/5390300/model/540... for Resolving Printhead Errors.

Keep me posted, how it goes!

If the information provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thank you for joining the HP Community.

Have a great day!

Cheers:)

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for the quick answer.

I tried that a bunch of times in hope that it could resolves my problem, but it didn't work... 

The printer gives me again and again the same error code... 

So, what's left to try? The printer just has a year and a half..

HP Recommended

@Christian555

This seems to be a hardware issue.

I request you to talk to HP support.

They might have multiple options to help you with this.

1. Click on this link - https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp?openCLC=true
  2. Select the country.
  3. Enter the serial of your device.
  4. Select the country from the drop-down.
  5. Click on "Show Options".
  6. Fill the web-form. A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I tried that, and what I received was a notice telling me that the product wasn't taken in charge by HP anymore. 

I don't seem to find anything else... 

HP Recommended

@Christian555

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I am getting all the same responses.  Can you let me know if they are able to resolve your issue please?  If they can't, mine is also garbage that I have only had one year.   😞

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.