Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet 6958
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, I recently replaced my color cartridges on my printer and yet my printer will not print anything in color. I feel as though I have tried everything, I even cleaned my print head, factory reset, and uninstalled the drivers multiple times. Yes my ink is also OEM. The most annoying thing about this is, I started noticing after each print test my printer was claiming ink was being used on the on screen reads, and the meter showed it was lowering with each print.  This is literally impossible as it hasn't been printing anything in color, only in Black. I am now getting a low ink reading on my device, though these cartridges are brand new...

Please someone give me some sort of feedback or help. I'm stuck and feel at a loss paying so much for this expensive ink that isn't even working.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

I still have no help for this. I need to return my cartridges soon if I'm not going to get support. Can anyone please give any feedback?

HP Recommended

@ALota

Welcome to the HP support community.

Make sure the ink cartridges are properly vented and seated correctly

1. Turn on the printer, if it is not already turned on.

2. Open the ink cartridge access door.

The carriage moves to the center of the printer.

Open the cartridge access door

3. Wait until the carriage stops moving before you continue.

4. Press the tab inward on the front of the old ink cartridge to release it, and then pull up on the ink cartridge to remove it from the slot.

Pushing the ink cartridge inward and then pulling up to remove it

5. Examine the vent area above the HP logo on the top of the ink cartridge.

Image: Examine the vent area on the top of the cartridge

6. If the ink cartridge still has the orange pull-tab attached, pull to remove it.

Image: Remove the orange pull-tab

7. If the vent is clogged, use a straight pin to gently remove excess adhesive from the vent.

Clogged vent
    2. With a straight pin, gently remove excess adhesive from the vent

3. Unclogged vent

8. Turn the ink cartridge so that the ink cartridge contacts face downward, and then match the label color with the color dot on the carriage.

9. Slide the ink cartridge into its slot, and then gently press the ink cartridge down until it snaps into place.

Reinserting the ink cartridge

10. Repeat these steps to inspect the vents on each of the ink cartridges.

11. Make sure each ink cartridge is firmly installed in its slot. Run your finger along the top of the ink cartridges to feel for any that are protruding, and if any are, press down firmly until each ink cartridge snaps into place.

12. Close the ink cartridge access door.

Closing the ink cartridge access door

13. Try to print.

You can refer this HP document for more assistance:- Click here

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello. I've done all of these things. Its also giving incorrect reads for my colored in. every time I print the level on the color ink drops, but it's not printing color...

HP Recommended

Are you able to copy in color?

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.