Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Hi @GNHP13,

Thanks for reaching out to the HP Support Forums for a solution to your printing issue.

I understand that you have already replaced the printhead in your HP Officejet 7000 Wide Format Printer and the cartridge is showing that there is ink in it, but still no black is being printed. I would like to help with that.

I would follow this support document to try to resolve the issue - Troubleshooting Print-Quality Issues.

If you arrive at the spot in the document where is suggests replacing the cartridge or the printhead I would contact HP Tech Support by phone because there may be an issue with the printer's hardware seeing how you have already replaced the printhead.

What you can do, is use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:

Step 1. Open link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/

Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect

Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 4. Scroll down and click on: HP contact options - click on Get phone number

Case number and phone number appear.

Please click the "Accept as Solution", and the "thumbs up" buttons up on my initial reply above so others with similar issues can find the solution easier.

Thanks!

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping.

rb011
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

OK  - have same problem, seems to occur randomly.

Did all the cleaning print heads, cleaning printer head under running water etc etc but this is how I got it to work.

Take sheet of A4, fold it until it fits under the plastic bar holding the black ink catridge in place but not so that it gets in the way of transport mechanism or plastic chassis elements. In other words, force the black cartridge down onto its electrical connections.

If you're lucky you should find that it prints in black, and the black warning light/messages disappear.

Once you've printed a sheet or 2 you can safely remove the folded paper.

I guess that the design team haven't allowed for normal wear and tear on this part of the mechanism, and that the black cartridge can 'float' above its connectors and hence is not seen or recognised by the printer.

Hope this stops someone else taking it to the dump as I was about to do.....

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.