Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Hello! 

I have changed my old 1220c for a 7110 wide format.

I am trying to print A3 drawings (I'm an architect) from an AutoCAD file, but one side of my drawing always gets cut off.

I tried printing on all available paper sizes, I tried changing the margins, I've searched forums for suggestions, but nothing seems to help.

I don't need borderless print, I need to be able to print my drawings with a frame that is 5mm from the top, right and bottom edge, and 25mm from the left edge, but I can't get the right margin smaller than 16mm (others print correctly).

When i change margins manually from the print window in autocad i get print preview displayed correctly, but printing still cuts off the right side.

PLEASE HELP. I'ts driving me mad, and I have the same problem at home and at work, because we've recently purchased the same printer at my office too.

Both printers are installed on Windows 7 OS (one is a 32-bit, and the other a 64-bit version).

I repeat - i don't need borderless printing, just decent margins on my plain paper drawings.

Thanks in advance for any help,

Iva

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Managed to solve the problem after more than 3 hours on the phone with the amazing guy from the HP support

- installed drivers for the HP Officejet 7000 wide format printer (E809a) (link below) and set borderless A3 print on plain paper - and I can finally print the drawings normally! 

(link for the drivers:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&product=3883002)

Iva

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
HP Recommended

Hello Narancha, and welcome to the HP Forums.

I see you are having issues printing from AutoCAD.  I would like to try and help.

What occurs when printing the same border settings from another program, such as Microsoft Paint, or Microsoft Word?  Does it print properly, or does the same issue occur?

Please let me know.  Thanks for posting on the HP Forums.

Please click “Accept as Solution " if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks" for helping!

Jamieson
I work on behalf of HP

"Remember, I'm pulling for you, we're all in this together!" - Red Green.
HP Recommended

Hello Jamieson, and thank you for trying to help.

I tried printing from Microsoft Word - it's better, but the closest i can get to the right edge of my paper is approximately 8mm. When I try to set custom margins, Word corrects the right one from 0,5 to 0,57cm.

Then I converted the drawing from .dwg (AutoCAD) file to .pdf and it was almos ok. The frame prints 7mm from the edge. It's not as bad as 16mm, but it's a huge complication if I'll need to convert every drawing I want to print to pdf first.

Also - I noticed the problem only occurs with A3 paper size (landscape orientation), because there's no problem with printing on A4 size (portrait orientation, the same borders - top, bottom, right 5mm, left 25mm). 

I don't know if this problem has to do with the fact that there is no "just" A3 in paper sizes, like there are sizes "A5" or "A4". Instead there are many A3 options, but none seems to print what I need ("A3-small margin", "A3-plain paper", "A3 - brochure").

I've read in printer specifications that minimun margin for printing on A3 size plain paper is 5mm, so I really don't understand why is this happening, and why there's this problem with printing from AutoCAD (I have version 2010).

Thank you for any suggestions,

Iva

HP Recommended

Managed to solve the problem after more than 3 hours on the phone with the amazing guy from the HP support

- installed drivers for the HP Officejet 7000 wide format printer (E809a) (link below) and set borderless A3 print on plain paper - and I can finally print the drawings normally! 

(link for the drivers:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&product=3883002)

Iva

HP Recommended

Hey!

I have the SAME problem as you but i cannot solve my problem with installing the software 😞 

can you please help - this is driving me crazy!! 

What paper do you use - i put A3-edge-to-edge and i also tried with plain paper - but nothing 😞

HP Recommended

I use plain paper, set on "borderless A3, 297x420 mm" paper size

I have the same printer at work and at home, and this solution worked for both of them

Did you uninstall all the other drivers? Maybe there's some kind of conflict that's causing the problem..

Also, I don't have "A3-edge-to-edge" paper size, only "borderless A3"

HP Recommended

Thank you for all your advices!

i think the problem is that my pc is conected over ethernet and something is missing or i am just not competent to make it work. But our IT "guy" will come and, i belive, make it happen 🙂 (now i know what i need to install) . i surely hope so 🙂

But thx again 🙂

HP Recommended

Hi, it's me again!

I was able to install the driver and now works great but of course I have a new problem that i can not solve nor anyone I ask. The problem is again printing on A3 from autocad:

When I want to print on A3, the preview is good but on paper happens this: all the drawing moves to the edge of the paper: (up-cca 3 mm; to the right- cca 5 mm) 

I tried everything: fix margins, center the plot, scrolling .. but nothing works!

just to know, when i print on A4 there are no problems!

Do you have any advice and have you maybe encounter such a problem?

Thank you !!

HP Recommended

I Had the same problem Wireless things do not seem to work. Burt USB-wired, things worked out well in Autocad.

I used the A3 - sm.margins settings. Things were not cut off.

What I don't get is why there is an A5, A4 format selectable but not a "plain" A3 format. Lots of variaty available but not just A3.

Furtheron: why can't I adjust the margins in the driver and why can't I modify a custom paper size.

HP Recommended

I've done everything you did man.. but i just can't get the installer of the driver to detect my printer even though it's already plugged to the pc via its USB.

Do you have an idea of what could be causing this? 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.