12-07-2019 03:56 PM
Diagnostics originally showed that print head needed to be replaced. Replaced print head, now shows up as missing. Software says print head is missing yet, still reads ink levels correctly. How is it that the software can read info from the print head that it says is missing. Anyone have this issue figured out...thanks
12-10-2019 10:14 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community.
The software can read the Printer as the Printer is connected to the Computer which has the software installed.
Let's try to reset the Printer here:
Turn the printer on, if it is not already on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Wait at least 60 seconds.
- Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
- NOTE: HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to the wall outlet.
- Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
- Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed.
If the issue persists, please perform the remaining steps from this document: https://support.hp.com/in-en/product/hp-officejet-7500a-wide-format-e-all-in-one-printer-series-e910...
If the issue still persists, I recommend you to contact the HP Support Team regarding this as this could be a hardware issue.
Note: Select the country accordingly to get the contact details for support.
Let me know if this helps.
If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee