01-17-2020 08:26 PM
printer is online and connected, print job spontaneously cancels at the beginning of job or somewhere in the middle. HP scan and print Dr troubleshooting app does not detect any problems. Anyone else have this problem or have any suggestions? thanks
01-20-2020 04:23 PM
@shammaw Greetings from the HP Community!
please try the below steps to resolve the issue:
- Press "Windows key" + "r" to get the "Run" window.
- Type "services.msc" to get Services - Go to "Print spooler" - Right-click and "Stop" the service.
- Now again open "Run" - Type "spool" and ok - Go to PRINTERS folder - delete everything in that folder.
- Go to services again - Start the print spooler.
- Now check for issue resolution.
- If the issue persists, also try clean installing the printer drivers. Here are the steps:
- First, unplug the USB cable from the printer, if present.
- Go to Control panel - Programs and feature - Select all the HP printer entries and uninstall them.
- Now go to Control panel - Devices and printer - Select all the printer entries and remove the device.
- Press the "windows key" + "r" to get the "Run" window open - Type "printui.exe /s" (There is a space between .exe & /) and press enter.
- Under print server properties, go to drivers - remove any entry there as well.
- Again, go to the Run window, type - "c:/programdata" - Go to the Hewlett Packard folder, remove any printer related folders & files.
- Restart your computer.
Then, use this link to access the HP website, find the drivers compatible with your windows and install it: CLICK HERE
If the issue persists, please go ahead and install the Windows built-in drivers:
If a full feature driver from HP is not available for your printer, you must install the built-in print driver. A full feature driver for one or more Windows versions is not available for your printer, either from the CD that shipped with your printer or from the HP website.
Where is the download button? The HP print driver is built into the Windows operating system or is installed through the Windows Update feature on your computer. You do not need to download anything from a website in order to print, scan, or fax.
See the Frequently asked questions in this document for additional information, including how to scan using this driver.
FOR DETAILS & FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS, USE THIS LINK: CLICK HERE
(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)
Keep us posted,
If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you,
Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post,
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee
01-26-2020 06:23 PM
I am having a similar issue. i am using a brand new hp laptop running windows 10 64 bit trying to print to an hp officejet pro 8035. i have no problem connecting the printer to my wifi network and installing the printer on my laptop, but it will randomly say "error printing" and the printer will display "cancelling", then exit a blank sheet of paper. I have tried using the windows included drivers AND the downloaded drivers from the hp website. This also happened when using an hp officejet pro 9025 as well---same issues. I can print fine from a mac and my hp laptop prints fine to an epson printer. HELP---this is really getting on my nerves.
01-27-2020 06:40 AM
Let's try adding the printer using IP address -
1.) Select “Start” and type “printers” in the search box.
2.) Choose “Printers & scanners“.
3.) Select “Add a printer or scanner“.
4.) Wait for the “The printer that I want isn’t listed” option to appear, then select it.
5.) Select “Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or hostname” , then select “Next“.
6.) Select “TCP/IP Device” in the “Device type” list.
7.) Type the hostname or the IP address of the printer. Select “Next“. To find the IP address of the printer, touch the Wi-Fi icon on the printer's control panel.
8.) Windows should find the printer if the printer is on and configured correctly. You may have to specify more information. If prompted, Select the type of network adapter installed in the printer in the “Device Type” drop-down list. You can also click “Custom” to specify custom settings for the network printer. Select “Next“.
Keep me posted.
I am an HP Employee