Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet 8600 N911
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

As expected, nothing but crickets from HP on this. I'm taking my business elsewhere from now on and will be instructing my computer clients to the same. I've waited long enough for HP to address a problem with a product they sold that doesn't work as their customers expect. 

Good luck everyone. I'm out! 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@VailEnterprises

Please look for a private message from me requesting additional information. Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

For those of you monitoring this thread, I received a private message from Cheron-Z in which she requested some personal information of me to start the escalation process to have higher level-tech folks review this problem that is plaguing so many fellow HP printer users. As I hear more information from a HP on how to actually resolve this issue, I will post it here for others in hopes it will be helpful to them.

Thank you Cheron-Z for her assistance in escalating the problem.

Stay tuned....

HP Recommended

Anddddddddd....

Immediately after posting my last reply that we were finally gonna get some help, I received the following reply message from HP Support person Stephan So-Me:

‎11-18-2019
Hello,   I regret to inform you that your unit has reached End of Support Life, which means that HP no longer has access to recovery discs, hardware or software for your system. If you prefer you can contact either our Home & Home Office Group or our Commercial Department in your area to see what current models may fit your needs. You also have the option of taking it to a local repair shop in your area.   We apologize for the inconvenience.  -HP Social Media Support 

Not shocking really. I knew better to have any hope of getting this resolved but I gave it a shot.

The best part is that HP released a buggy product to a bunch of users, fails to fix it in a timely manner, then declares its obsolete and unsupported after failing to help their users with a problem the company itself created. Rather than help users continue to use a product they paid $300 for, they abandoned their customers.

I worked for HP for many years. This behavior goes against everything the company stood for when it was founded. Bill Hewlett and David Packard are probably rolling in their graves after seeing what their company has become.  This is why I'm reaffirming my previous statement that:

I WILL NEVER BY ANOTHER HP PRODUCT AGAIN!

Good luck everyone! I'm out for good.... 
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.