Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Officejet 8610
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi there, for some reasnon my officejet 8610 will only print the top few centimetes of a full page and then release the page as if it was full printed? i have done this with both word and adobe PDF and still the same result. i can print a test page no problem ? any ideas ?

thanks 

Markflan

**Update - ive found that i can print the very same document from opening it in my email in a web browser opening it in the browser and prints perfectly ? .. very confused 😞 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @markflan

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Thank you for posting your query in this forum, it's a great place to find answers.

I reviewed your post and I understand that you are having issues printing word documents and PDFs.

I’d love to help!

Follow below steps to fix this issue.

Please press Win + R on your keyboard to get the Run Dialog box. 

Type spool and press enter or click on the OK button. 

This will bring up the spool folder. Right on the 'PRINTERS' folder and select properties. 

On the printer properties popup, click on the Security tab. 

Provide Full Control to all the users listed there. Apply the changes. 

Now open devices and printers from the control panel. 

Right-click on your printer and select printer properties. 

On the printer properties popup, select the Security tab and provide full control/access.

Apply the changes and restart the computer and try to print. 

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.