09-22-2018 12:45 PM
We have a printer at our charity which we use for scanning and colour printing & Copying. Something has caused the screen to glow white and flicker. Yet the screen does display things like HP, Shutting down etc! So screen appears to still be connected ok.
We have tried updating firm way, doing a long period of disconnected from mains and network. Tried restoring factory defaults. All have not worked.
Yet the actual printer works and if you use the web page link you can scan etc.
What is likely to have caused this and how to fix?
09-23-2018 02:19 PM
Thanks for reaching out to us on the HP Support Forums.
I understand that your HP OfficeJet Pro 8710 All-in-One Printer has a white and flickering screen. I appreciate the steps you have performed and have certainly done a good job.
Let us perform a hard reset in the given order on the printer and check if that helps:
NOTE: You may skip the steps if already performed.
- Disconnect the power cable from the printer while the printer is still ON.
- Disconnect any other cables if connected the printer.
- Press and hold the printer’s power button for 15 seconds.
- The printer should be directly connected to the wall outlet and not to a surge protector.
- Reconnect the power cable to print and the printer should power ON by itself. If the printer doesn’t power ON then please manually power it ON.
If the issue still persists then it points towards a screen issue. In such a case please refer to my private message for the next course of action.
I sincerely hope this information helps. Please feel free to keep me posted for any further questions.
If the information provided was helpful, then please mark this post as "Accept as solution". That’ll help everyone find the solution and help the community to grow.
12-27-2019 01:35 PM
I have an HP Office Jet Pro 8710 with a flickering white screen. I follow the instructions on disconnecting cables and hold the power switch for 15 sec but still I have the same problem. I think is a screen issue. Is any other solution this printer is very new.
12-30-2019 07:45 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community.
Let's try these steps -
1) Take out the cartridges.
2) Unplug the power cord from the printer & wall.
3) Wait for 30 seconds.
4) Plug the power cord back into the printer and wall, ensure the printer is plugged into the wall & not to a surge protector.
5) Insert the cartridges back into the printer.
Also, try updating the printer's firmware - HP Printers - Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware
If the issue still persists, I'd suggest you Contact HP in your region regarding the service options for your printer.
Have a great day!
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee