Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Liamsjojo
3 2 0 1
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Officejet Pro 6830 administrator lock

I need to perform a factory reset on my hp6830.  Somehow out of the blue the network settings and everything else is locked by administrator.  Who is the administrator how did the happen?  I needed a wireless printer so I bought this one and now the wireless part won't work. Piece of junk.  How do I get the lock off??????????????????

5 REPLIES 5
Retired
Retired
8,121 8,112 485 932
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Greetings @Liamsjojo

Welcome to HP Forums and Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you are looking to reset the admintrator settings on your printer, is that right?

Not to worry, I will be glad to assist you. 

Are you able to make a copy on the printer?

Did you set a password on the printer?

Please click here for the service guide of your printer. 

Refer to page number 120 for the procedure to reset your printer. 

To restore the printer to the original factory defaults

1. From the printer control panel, touch Setup .

2. Touch Printer Maintenance .

3. Touch Restore.

4. Touch Restore Factory Defaults. A message appears stating that the factory defaults will be restored.

5. A message appears stating that the network defaults have been restored. Touch Restore.

To restore the printer to the original network settings

1. From the printer control panel, touch Setup .

2. Touch Network Setup.

3. Touch Restore Network Settings.

4. A message appears stating that the network defaults will be restored. Touch Yes.

5. Print the network configuration page and verify that the network settings have been reset.

This should help you reset your printer.

If the issue persists, I will be sending you a private message with the another reset procedure. 

This should reset your printer, if the issue persits please contact our phone support team to check the service options avilable for your printer. 

Keep me posted. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Liamsjojo
3 2 0 1
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am unable to perform any reset from the touch control panel on the front of the printer. Any function relating to reset anything, wizards, etc are locked.
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12,360 12,338 1,165 2,414
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Liamsjojo,

I read the post. Thanks for replying. As @Chimney_83 is out of the office today, I am responding on his behalf.  please contact HP phone support for further assistance in this regard.

HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: http://hp.care/2r9wSvP

• Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.
  • Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.
  • Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.
  • Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

If the unit is under warranty, the manufacturer’s warranty should take care of it for you.

Hope this helps. Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care now and have a superb week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Bernie21
2 1 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Why private message to restore to factory settings when there is an admin lock?  I just changed my network to private, now can't get printer onto network...factory restore is locked by admin.  I'm the admin

0 Kudos
TahoeDolphin
Level 1
3 1 0 0
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have this problem and have tried everything from rebooting by turning off the router to uninstalling and reinstalling the software. It still says lock!! Please Help!!!!

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation