Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 6830
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My HP Officejet Pro 6830 won't copy, but will print.

I've done the hard reset procedure and it didn't fix the problem.

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

I also can't get it to scan to computer or email.

HP Recommended

@elprice7345 Here's a few things that should help identify and resolve the issue:

Clean the scanner glass and underside of the scanner lid with a soft, lint-free cloth sprayed with glass cleaner.

1. Turn the printer off, disconnect the power cord, and then lift the scanner lid.

2. Spray a soft lint-free cloth with glass cleaner.

CAUTION: 

To protect interior printer parts, do not spray cleaner directly on the glass or lid.

3. Wipe the main scanner glass, glass strip, and the white backing and automatic document feeder (ADF) strip under the lid until clean, dry, and streak-free.

1. White scanner lid backing

2. White ADF scanner lid strip (if present)

3. Glass ADF scanner strip (if present)

4. Main scanner glass

4. If any debris remains stuck to any parts, use your fingernail to scrape it off, and then wipe the area again.

CAUTION: 

Do not use a hard or sharp tool that can scratch the printer parts.

5. Reconnect the power cord to the printer, and then try making a copy.

If the issue persists, continue to the next step.

Step 2: Clean the ADF rollers

If lines in copies persist when using the ADF, clean the rollers or separator pad.

1. Turn the printer off, disconnect the power cord, and then open the ADF cover.

2. Find any paper pick rollers and the separator pad inside the ADF. These parts have a rubber coating.

Paper pick rollers and separator pad in the ADF

3. Lightly dampen a clean, lint-free cloth with distilled or filtered water, squeeze any excess liquid from the cloth, and then wipe any residue off the rollers and separator pad.

4. Leave the ADF cover open for two minutes to allow the parts to dry, and then close the cover.

5. Reconnect the power cord to the printer, and then try making a copy.

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us, 

have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I tried all suggestions and still no luck.

Also, a couple of times, when powering up, the touch screen is blue, icons are flashing and Error C4EBA341 appears.

Any other suggestions?

HP Recommended

@elprice7345 I suggest you perform a power reset as per HP standards, here's how we recommend doing it:

• Turn the printer on, if it is not already on.
  • Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
  • With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
  • Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
  • Wait at least 60 seconds.
  • Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
    • NOTE: 
    • HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to the wall outlet.
  • Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
  • Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
  • Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed.

If the issue persists, please upgrade the printer firmware:

click here for different ways of getting this done using a computer among others.

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I've tried all the suggestions and have had no luck.

The printer is on firmware version PNP1CN1828AR.

After powering up, the touch screen is blue, icons are flashing and Error C4EBA341 appears. I can turn it off/on and it will stop flashing for a while.

When it's "happy", I can print, but I still can't scan or copy.

Any other suggestions?

HP Recommended

@elprice7345 If none of that worked, this could be a hardware malfunction and I suggest you talk to HP support and discuss your options, follow the below steps to get started:

1) Click on this link - http://www.hp.com/contacthp/

2) Click on Sign-in or select the product using the below step:

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Click on "Show Options".

Fill the web-form, to populate a case number and phone number for yourself!

Also, if you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty, if yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from, 

here's how private messages work: Click here for details.

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

It seems like the scanning and faxing functions are dead.

My printer is out of warranty, so I'll be replacing it.

Thanks for your help!

HP Recommended

@elprice7345 If you have an HP authorized service center near by, you should be able to take it to them and have it checked,

Here is a link to HP Service Centers, by Country/Region: Click here

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.