Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

I get this partial alignment page (?) after each print job.  I've reinstalled software, aligned and cleaned printheads, cleaned printhead contacts, but still get this page.  Pretty frustating.printer page038.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

From this image I can see that the printer is failing to align properly.  If the unit is out of alignment, then the sensors in the printer will detect this.  This is why the printer is constantly trying to perform the alignment.

There is a document with steps to troubleshoot this issue.  The document helps walk one through checking the cartridges and settings to determine if the issue is coming from software or hardware.  Click here to access the troubleshooting document.

Hope this helps.

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------

I am not an HP employee.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

From this image I can see that the printer is failing to align properly.  If the unit is out of alignment, then the sensors in the printer will detect this.  This is why the printer is constantly trying to perform the alignment.

There is a document with steps to troubleshoot this issue.  The document helps walk one through checking the cartridges and settings to determine if the issue is coming from software or hardware.  Click here to access the troubleshooting document.

Hope this helps.

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------

I am not an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Hello

I have the same problem: the printer is constantly trying to perform the alignment.

The link to the solution document is dead.

Could you please send it again?

Thank you

Uli

HP Recommended

Welcome to the HP Community @Flattich-Schule🙂

I saw your post about the alignment being off and wanted to reach out to help. See the link below to troubleshoot the issue. If it still turns out to be unsuccessful, then call phone support to see about a replacement or trade in.

'Alignment Unsuccessful' Error Message Displays

Hit the "Accept as Solution" if we've reached a solution, and the "thumbs up" to say thanks for my help.

Contact HP:
Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/
Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect
Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"
Step 4. Scroll down and click on: HP contact options - click on Get phone number
Case number and phone number appear

a i n b o w 7000

I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Thank you for the answer, but this does not help.

The printer is full of "ink dust" inside, i think this is the problem, the sensor for calibrating the test page is "blind".

This is the end...

I will buy a new printer (Epson Eco Tank...)

Uli

HP Recommended

I found the media sensor, which is respnsible for telling the printer where the alignment is, was covered in ink.  Once I cleaned it off, and out because mine was full of ink as well, like magic the alignment pages stopped.  The media sensor is located on the right side of the print cradle, low close to the paper where it can see whats being printed.  You can notice wires coming out if it.  I had to use a pair of needle nose pliers to take it off (remember to be very gentle).  This is a photoelectric sensor and needs to be clean in order to work, or if it is too bad replaced. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.