Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Print is not centered on the page. large left margin and letters missing on right side of page. The exact same txt printed on a different printer is perfectly centered. This printer is networked with 3 different computers and this printer prints off-center no matter what the source.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

So sorry Ginny! Go to our website www.hp.com/go/support, select the green box on the left hand side of the page, and search for your printer model (in this case an Officejet Pro 8100). 

This will take you to a page to select your operating system, and then below there will be links for various dowloads related to your printer for your OS. Sect the plus mark next to "Firmware" and click the link to be taken to the download page. 

Download and run the file. 

Let me know how this goes! 

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
HP Recommended

In Solution Six of the document linked below, it tells you how to print a diagnostic page.  Does the diagnostic page come out with the same distortion?

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02892752

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
HP Recommended

Hello there-   I bought an HP Officejet Pro 8100 also,  and it prints off center,  way to right.

Did you find a solution to your problem with this?  Ginny Haselton

HP Recommended
The original poster never got back to me about my first question. If you would, please try doing that and let me know what happens. Also, if you could provide answers to the questions below, it may help to find a solution for this problem.

What OS are you using?

How is the printer connected to the computer?
-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
HP Recommended

Operating System Windows 7 -64 bit

Connected by usb cord.

I was on th phone for over an hour with a tech support man,  cleaning and aligning print heads,

starting and stopping,  plugging and unplugging,   installing newest software,  etc. etc.   I finally

had to stop to go to the Doctor.   It is still doing it.   There is no paper jam anywhere,  what prints

prints ok-  it's just way over to the right.   What I'd like to do is just swap it out for another one.

It's very frustrating.

HP Recommended

@GinnyGH, have you always had this issue with the printer? While you were on the phone did they walk you through updating the firmware for your printer? Sometimes issues like this are resolved through firmware updates by HP.

Check out the download on this website and see if that helps.

Let me know how it goes!

HP Recommended

No,  It printed perfectly up until a couple of weeks ago.  Then,  all of a sudden,

everything was coming out with a two inch or more left margin,  all right orientated,

no matter what I set the margins for.

I went through all the diagnostics stuff with HP on the phone,  alligning cartridges,

print tests,  cleaning print heads,  downloading most recent software,  etc., etc.

Your last response gave me a download url,   but it didn't work.  Came up with

an invalid url address message.   Could you re-send it?

Thanks

Ginny Haselton

HP Recommended

So sorry Ginny! Go to our website www.hp.com/go/support, select the green box on the left hand side of the page, and search for your printer model (in this case an Officejet Pro 8100). 

This will take you to a page to select your operating system, and then below there will be links for various dowloads related to your printer for your OS. Sect the plus mark next to "Firmware" and click the link to be taken to the download page. 

Download and run the file. 

Let me know how this goes! 

HP Recommended

I went to the website you recommended,  and found a thing on "paper-feed".

It got me thinking about the ink cartridges,  and whether there could possibly be

something wrong there.    I opened the printer,  and way over to the right of them

(when looking from the front) was a piece of paper jammed,  that I never noticed

before.   I removed it,  started again,  and voila !!  My problem is solved.

Thanks so much for your concern and help!

HP Recommended

Hi Again,

Where do I get to the "kudos" thing,  and "solution provided"?

Ginny Haselton

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.