Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

I have been advised by one of my employees today that we currently have 13 cartridges for the HP OfficeJet Pro printer 8500A, that have passed their expiry date and are yet to be opened. As you know you have prevented the printer from having any override function unlike most other printers have, including HP. This is not only a complete rip off, it is also a flagrant disrespect against the environment[edit]as i believe people should be made aware of HP's attitude towards making such wasteful products. Yes, i already know your response will be around the intent to protect the printer and the erosion of the ink. This does not stack up when so many printers are out there including HP with an override to allow individuals the choice. I have had many printers in the past with no issues when going past the expiration date. 

I will also be discussing with my board today a survey on how many HP printers we have and how we can look to phase them out. I do not like associating with a company that is operating such a wasteful program. 

I also note that HP has already been to court and lost on this very issue. I think at the very least you should be replacing printers or cartridges with this issue. 

I look forward to your response. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@BigNick147

Welcome to HP support community.

I am sending you a private message requesting few details. Please check the mailbox icon at the top-right corner of this screen.

I hope this helps resolve this issue completely.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.