01-31-2020 09:22 AM
My HP OfficeJet 8600 Pro printer display just keeps showing this like it's loading but never finishes, I unplugged and waited a while, but every time I try and turn it on, it just gets stuck in the display looking like this.
Can anyone help me troubleshoot. Was working fine until now. Appreciate it.
02-03-2020 03:44 PM
@IWasteI Welcome to HP Community!
I understand that the HP Officejet Pro 8600 Display Just keeps loading.
Do not worry. I will try to fix the issue.
To assist you with accurate information I would require more information regarding this.
- Did this happen after a power outage or surge?
- Did you hard reset the printer and check again?
For now please perform a hard reset on the printer by following these steps:
- Turn on the printer.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
- Disconnect the USB cable from the rear of the printer. If your printer has a network or wireless connection, leave it connected.
- Remove the ink cartridges from the printer.
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and from the wall outlet or power strip.
- Wait at least 60 seconds.
- Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
- HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to a wall outlet.
- Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
- Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
- The printer might go through a warm-up period. The printer lights might flash, and the carriage might move.
- Wait until the warm-up period finishes and your printer is idle and silent before you proceed.
- Reinsert the ink cartridges, and then close the ink cartridge access door.
- If you receive a prompt to print a calibration page, do so.
- If you disconnected the USB cable, reconnect it to the rear of the printer.
- Try to print.
If this does not fix the issue, then the printer’s hardware is faulty and it needs to be replaced or upgraded. This can be done by calling HP phone support.
HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: http://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en/?openCLC=true
- Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.
- Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.
- Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.
- Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.
They will be happy to assist you immediately. If the unit is under warranty repair services is taken care of by the manufacturer’s warranty
Keep us posted,
If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you,
Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post,
Have a great day!