Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

I bought an HP Officejet 8600 Plus and am trying to connect to my wireless network.

I have the printer connected directly to the computer.

I have restarted the computer, printer and time capsule.

I am running OSX 10.8.4 on my imac.

My wireless router is a time capsule that is current with all firmware.

When I try to connect the printer to the wireless network it tells me that "More than one access point/wireless router has been found that matches your wireless network name (SSID)".  None of the other 6 devices that are using the wireless connection see this second SSID with the same name and I cannot find in Airport Utility where a second network exists.

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Have you gone into the router settings? It sounds like it is set to dual-band and is sending out two signals. If you go into your settings and change it only broadcast at 2.4GHz, that should help you connection issues. 

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Have you gone into the router settings? It sounds like it is set to dual-band and is sending out two signals. If you go into your settings and change it only broadcast at 2.4GHz, that should help you connection issues. 

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
HP Recommended

It looks like that was the problem.  It was set up to use 802.11n and 802.11g.  Curious why none of my other devices have an issue with this - but my HP printer does.

Thanks very much for the help.

HP Recommended

No problem. Sometimes these printers are picky with the WiFi connections, I honestly couldn't tell you why though. I'm glad everything is back up and running!

Signature
HP Recommended

After a couple of hours trying HP's possible solutions.  I solved the problem, by unplugging a wireless range extender.

HP Recommended

I too have this problem but have no idea how to correct...I've tried disconnecting and restarting routere, printer and computer...no luck!! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.