12-29-2019 01:08 PM
My HP Officejet Pro 8610 just popped me a message as I was printing that reads:
"Missing or Failed Printhead. The printhead appears to be missing or damaged. Printing cannot occur without the printhead and all cartridges installed."
What can I do? Realign Printhead in some way (don't know how)? Replace the Printhead (How)?
01-01-2020 08:50 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you. Let us try these steps to resolve this issue:
Reset the printer
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Wait at least 60 seconds.
- Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
- Turn ON the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed.
Note: HP recommends connecting the printer directly to a wall outlet rather than a surge protector or a power strip.
Also, perform step 2 mentioned in this document.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee
01-01-2020 07:27 PM
Thank you for the recommendations. I have tried all and did not have success. A replacement printhead is not available from HP. Resellers and others offer them at a cost of $130 to $200 so it will be less costly to replace the printer with a new HP unit.
01-02-2020 07:58 AM
I understand. You are right. printheads are costlier and as this is a hardware failure, it would be better to upgrade the printer. Please contact our HP Support team for Service Options:
1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/
2) Select your product type below.
3) Enter the serial of your device.
4) Select the country from the drop-down.
5) Select the appropriate option based on your preference.
6) Fill the web-form and proceed further.
Keep me posted for any other assistance.
If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee