09-18-2019 11:21 AM
The printer will not work. The message says "Printer Failure" then " There is a problem with the printer or ink system. Turn printer off, then on. If problem persists, contact HP. "
I have turned it off, unplugged the printer from the wall, waited and started it up.... same message. I took out all the ink cartridges put them back in, unplugged it from the wall and plugged it back in, same message. Took out the entire print head, put it back in, unplugged from the wall and plugged it back in, same message.
The cartridges have ink in them, I can hear it. There is paper in it and it has not be moved or altered before this message just popped up. Is there a way to get it to shoot a specific code to locate the issue?
09-20-2019 05:13 PM
I suggest you do a Hard Reset on the printer
(1) Turn the printer on, if it is not already on.
(2) Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
(3) With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
(4) Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
(5) Wait at least 60 seconds.
(6) Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
NOTE: HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to the wall outlet.
(7) Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
(8) Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
The printer might go through a warm-up period. The printer lights might flash, and the carriage might move.
Wait until the warm-up period finishes and your printer is idle and silent before you proceed.
Ten, refer to this document: https://support.hp.com/in-en/product/hp-officejet-pro-8610-e-all-in-one-printer-series/5367603/docum... for Printer Failure.
Keep me posted, how it goes!
If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!
Thank you for joining the HP Community.
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee