Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 9013
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I recently bought a HP Officejet Pro 9013. When printing (from Word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat Reader etc), the output is not centered - there is a bigger margin on the left than the right by around 1cm on every document even when the margins are set as equal. I believe I have the most up-to-date drivers etc installed. 

Of course I could alter the margins of every document I print to compensate for the misalignment, but it seems to me that this can't be normal! 

Anyone got any ideas of something to try?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @Stuart82,

I read your posted and i understand your looking for a solution in fixing the margin issue.

Try changing the settings and default the settings to make sure the issue does not occur.

Follow the below instructions:

Opening the print settings window

Launch the HP print driver window from common Windows applications and learn how to navigate the different tabs and menus.

1. Open the document or photo on your computer, click File or the menu icon , then click Print.

Print or Print Pictures window or pane opens with general print job settings, including the menu to select the printer you want to print to.

2. Open Document Properties or Printing Preferences from the main print window or pane to access the HP print driver settings. The button or link name varies depending on the app you are printing from.

• Microsoft Word: Click Printer Properties

• Paint and WordPad: Click Preferences

• Windows Photo Viewer: Click Options... in the lower right corner of the screen, then click Printer Properties... in the Print Settings window

• Adobe PDF Reader: Click Properties

3. To view the different settings, click the tabs along the top of the window. To access more settings, click the Advanced button that is often located on the Layout tab.

Figure : Example of a printer Document Properties window

HP Document Properties window with settings tabs and the Advanced settings button
  4. If a Printing Shortcut tab is available, click it to use shortcuts that already have essential settings already selected for common print job types. You may also create your own custom shortcut for future print jobs.

Change how documents or photos are formatted and laid out on the paper, including orientation, adding borders, scaling to a specific size paper, and printing multiple pages on single sheet. Layout and formatting menus display for some Printing Shortcuts

Access the settings window in Devices and Printers to select settings that apply to all your print jobs.

1. Search Windows for 'printers', then click Devices and Printers in the search results.

2. Right-click the icon for your printer, then click Printer properties.

Figure : Right click your printer and select Printer properties

Right click your printer and select Printer properties
  3. Click the Advanced tab, then click Printing Defaults.

Figure : Click Printing Defaults on the Advanced tab in Printer Properties

Click Printing Defaults on the Advanced tab in Printer Properties
  4. Change any settings you want as defaults in the Printing Defaults window, then click OK.

and,Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

HP Recommended

@Jay_G24 - thanks for your ideas. Unfortunately it hasn't resolved the issues. I still have a 1cm bigger margin on the left than the right whatever program or file I print. The printer has been restored to factory settings so it can't be a setting I've changed accidentally which was another thought I had.

HP Recommended

I'd suggest you Contact HP in your region for further assistance.

If you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty. If yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from. Check next to your profile name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.  

Have a great day! 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

for

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.