12-04-2019 02:41 PM
I recently picked up my new HP Officejet 9019 printer and HP techs helped to set it up on my 3 computers. I need to set the Time Zone on the printer as it seems to default to GMT (Greenwich Mean Time). I have set the current time manually on the printer. I have used the IP address Embedded Web Server to sync the time & date. I did hit “apply”. The printer goes back to GMT within 24- 48 hrs. The printer jumps 8 hours ahead. Neither the printer preferences on the printer nor the Embedded Web Server have a place to set Time Zone. I am in the Pacific Standard Time (PST). How do you set the Time Zone for the printer?
12-07-2019 04:19 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you with the Date/ Time settings.
Appreciate you trying the steps.
To better assist you - Have you checked the time zone on your computer?
While you respond to that, I'd suggest try these steps -
1) Turn off the Router, Printer, and the computer/ mobile devices.
2) Wait for 60 seconds.
3) Turn on the Router first and wait for all the lights to stabilize.
4) Turn on the printer and allow it to configure itself.
5) Turn on the computer/ mobile devices.
Download and install the printer's firmware from this link for the Win 10 (64-bit).
If the issue still persists, try a factory reset -
1. From the printer control panel, touch or swipe down the tab at the top of the screen to open the Dashboard, and then touch ( Setup ).
2. Touch Printer Maintenance .
3. Touch Restore.
4. Touch Restore Factory Defaults.
A message appears stating that the factory defaults will be restored.
5. Touch Continue.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee