Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Officejet pro 8620
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, 

So we recently changed our wirless router and I need to connect my printer to the new details. However the printer says it is locked by the admin? But I do not have these details? On the printer itseltf both the network settings and factory rest settings are greyed out and when i pres them it says I need an admin password? please help.

Thanks

Siobhan 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@siobhan050293,

Good Day.  Thank you for posting your query in the HP community.  I read the post regarding issues with the admin password of the printer. I will be delighted to assist you here.

Superb description and spectacular troubleshooting and commendable diagnosis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you for that. 🙂

For better clarity and to assist you better I would require more information regarding this:

• Did you try changing the password once?

For now, try these steps:

• If the problem continues, I will send a private message to perform a semi full rest on the printer to factory settings and it will fix the issue for you.
  • Please check your private message box for a message from me.

Please perform all these steps patiently as it is critical to resolving the issue. The trick is to remain patient, please.

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes. To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Upbutton to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this asAccepted Solution as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care and have a blessed week ahead. 🙂

Cheers!

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@siobhan050293,

Good Day.  Thank you for posting your query in the HP community.  I read the post regarding issues with the admin password of the printer. I will be delighted to assist you here.

Superb description and spectacular troubleshooting and commendable diagnosis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you for that. 🙂

For better clarity and to assist you better I would require more information regarding this:

• Did you try changing the password once?

For now, try these steps:

• If the problem continues, I will send a private message to perform a semi full rest on the printer to factory settings and it will fix the issue for you.
  • Please check your private message box for a message from me.

Please perform all these steps patiently as it is critical to resolving the issue. The trick is to remain patient, please.

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes. To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Upbutton to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this asAccepted Solution as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care and have a blessed week ahead. 🙂

Cheers!

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have had the same issue for years.  I have never setup an administrator on my computer or printer but the printer is saying that network functions and reset functions are locked, please see administrator.  I can't unlock this on the printer side or the computer utilities side.  It also doesn't matter if I unplug the printer or reinstall the drivers on the computer side.  This  is ridiculous, how do I fix it.

HP Recommended

@drkingx2
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

The reset instructions are specific for your printer and performing those steps on a different printer may corrupt the device.

• I've sent you a private message with reset instructions, follow the reset instruction to perform a full reset and re-initialize the printer.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@@drkingx2 
Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.