Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Hp Officejet pro 9010
macOS 10.15 Catalina

I need to open the printer cartridge door. The guy in an HP instruction video I watched barely pulls on it on the right side (opposite the power button) and it goes down. When I pull on it, the door is stuck by the power button and won't budge. How do I get the door released?

Thank you,

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@ShariStamps, Welcome to HP Support Community!

If you have tried following the document  Replacing Ink Cartridges to open the cartridge access door, I'd request you share a picture of the printer in the current state where the door is stuck.

Keep me posted for further assistance.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

hello @TEJI602,

I have the same issue with the printer cartridge door being stuck near the power button. The document you cited in your reply to @ShariStamps provides no help, as it just says to open the cartridge door !!

There is no need for a picture of the printer :  it looks just the same as it does if you just open the document feeder to expose the scanner glass, with the front door open (or not, makes no difference that I can see). The ink cartridges are on the far left and I could not move them.  There is a little arrow in the middle of the front flap of the cartridge door which indicates that's where you are supposed to pull up to open it. It opens at that point but sticks at the point where the door is over the power button (extreme left hand side of the door). 

What could be sticking ?  The ink cartridge ?  

Thank you for a more precise solution.

AM

Strangely, my husband was able to open the cartridge door the other day but we are afraid to pull too hard for fear of breaking an essential part. 

HP Recommended

Hello again @TEJI602 and @ShariStamps,

Further to my previous message, I actually tried once again to move the cartridge door upwards, this time pulling it from the RIGHT side (as in the video I guess). Lo and behold, that worked ! Not once but twice. 

I don't understand why, if this is so important, the HP manual and support instructions don't make it clear this is required. 

Anyway, that problem is resolved for me. On the other hand, I wish my printer, which is pretty new, would stop having paper jams in the first place. The instructions for loading paper are also not crystal clear and the paper tray is in cheap plastic that I don't trust.

AM

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.