foxthen
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Officejet pro ink cartridge problem

HP Officejet Pro 8710
Chrome OS

I'm part of the monthly ink program, so I'm fairly sure I have the correct ink cartridges. This is the first time I've had to replace the cartridges, and I have now spent more than an hour trying to do it. It show up than my yellow cartridge had run out. I put the cartridge in and it told me I had the wrong cartridge for that printer. I looked up on this web site for a solution and found something that told me to take the new cartridge out, wipe it off, and put it back in.  It worked, so I tried to print, only to be told the blue was out. Same problem as before: wrong cartridge, wiped it off, and it worked. Except then it told me that the red one was out. Same procedure as the others, told me that it was wrong cartridge, etc. Now it's saying that one of my cartridges are out, but the chart shows ink in all of them. I hate to take the black one out since it still shows ink. I can't find a solution online.

Also, as an aside, the yellow one that I just installed now shows part of the ink gone. I haven't been able to get the printer to print since I installed it. What's going on?

1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
21,068 21,032 1,384 2,218
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Officejet pro ink cartridge problem

@foxthen,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community! I am not quite sure about the issue you are having with the ink.

Are you indicating that you are currently out of ink, and would like HP to replace it? Or that you signed up for Instant Ink?

If this is to do with Instant Ink, I need to know few details regarding your Instant ink account to help you get the ink cartridge.

Since the instant ink account details are confidential, please send me the required information via private message.

I am sending you a private message with the information required for accessing the instant ink account. Please check the mailbox icon at the top-right corner of this screen.

Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile,

Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.

Please reply back on the public post as this Private message box is not monitored.

I hope this helps resolve this issue completely,

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation