12-11-2019 08:20 AM - last edited on 12-11-2019 09:16 AM by kevin-t
my problem is simple.
have brought an original ink cartridge, which doesn't recognize as a genuine.
why this simple thing doesn't work on world's largest multimillionaire company. this is not acceptable!
printer model:HP DeskJet 1112
Printer S/N [edited]
black original ink cartridge 82337944959
Problem: why not detect as genuine ink cartridge?
Solved! Go to Solution.
12-13-2019 09:53 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community.
If you insert your old ink cartridges, do you still get the error message?
Let's try to reset the Printer here:
Turn the printer on, if it is not already on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Wait at least 60 seconds.
- Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
- NOTE: HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to the wall outlet.
- Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
- Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed.
If the issue persists, please perform the remaining steps from this document: https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-deskjet-1110-printer-series/7174529/model/7529725/document/c...
Let me know if this helps.
If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee
12-15-2019 07:55 PM
Problem sort after purchasing new printer on same model (HP1112), anyway I'm not happy of your poor security system for HP original cartridge protection system.
Please improve your Technic for basic options!