Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Having an issue with the P3015, when customer goes to print, the machine will start up and act as if it will print but does not pickup paper, the printer just keeps running. Oddly enough, when I pull tray 2 out, the machine keeps going and will ask to load tray 1. Not sure what this issue could be, any help would be greatly appreciated

This is what I have done to this machine so far:

Component test.

Swapped trays.

Swapped fuser.

Cold reset.

Firmware update.

Replaced solenoid/clutch gear (as per HP).

Thanks in advanced.....

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Perform an engine test per the directions attached.  If the test does not work with or without the formatter attached, then the engine control board is bad.  If the test works with or without the formatter attached, then the formatter has an issue. Experience tells me the engine control board is probably the issue.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended
What happens if you load paper in tray 1. Does it print. What happens if you try to print a config page from the information menu.
HP Recommended

If I try to print a config page it does the same thing. Oddly enough, while the printer is running I pull out tray 2, and the printer keeps going, but asks to load tray 1. I have tried printing from tray 1, but get the same result. If I manually push the solenoid, it will pick up a page, but will not print anything on it.

Thanks again....

HP Recommended

I would say try a paper path test but you said it's not printing from any trays so it can't be a paper jam or an issue with the rollers. I would say check the toner, but I'm sure you did that already. Maybe you should try the fuser. If the fuser is fine then maybe you have a laser issue.

HP Recommended

Perform an engine test per the directions attached.  If the test does not work with or without the formatter attached, then the engine control board is bad.  If the test works with or without the formatter attached, then the formatter has an issue. Experience tells me the engine control board is probably the issue.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply, I was leaning towards the ECB and the formatter, so it is nice to know there is a more credible source for a solution. I will do the test that you suggested and let you know on my findings.

Thanks again David....

HP Recommended

Quick update,

David your suggestion helped a lot and we were able to determine the engine control board was at fault in this situation.

Many thanks again.....

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.