Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP 7640, HO ENVY 5540, HP2544

Hello 

I have three printers HP 7640, HO ENVY 5540, HP2544 the old is really old the others not so much, i brought the 7640 and 5540 to use with my silhouette portrait however im having problems, when i create my design in silhouette studio and send it to print it prints and looks fine but when i cut it the cut is always of, i thought it was the silhouette portrait i sent that to be serviced and the man who looked at it said there is nothing wrong with it and that it is working for him. Im doing everything right he has suggested that maybe its my printers and sent me some instructions which i didn't really understand.. i will show you these  : 

the problem you are experiencing may be related to your printer.

if you can open your printer properties and check the setting "fit to media"  is not enabled

also check there's no values set for "scale"

i have gone through my settings and cant find nothing about this. 

I have done alignment on both printers , i have tried all three printers and they all do the same thing. 

Are these printers not compatible? 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Mish9101

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. 🙂 I came across your post and would like to help.

I understand that you need assistance in printing the silhouette portrait with your HP ENVY 7640 e-All-in-One Printer and the HP ENVY 5540 All-in-One Printer. I read that you were informed by the serviceman that it might be an issue with the printers as the" fit to media"  is not enabled also there's no values set for "scale."

You have gone through the settings and cannot find these options. You have even aligned the printers I appreciate the steps you have performed and have certainly done a good job.

I would like to know the following information to assist you better:

• What operating system are you using? (Win7, Win8, Win10, Mac 10.10 or Mac 10.12).
  • Does the printer work fine if you try to print from another application like Adobe, Microsoft Word, etc?

Meanwhile, I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix: 

For Windows please refer to the below steps: http://hp.care/2nXJHVV

• Go to "Devices and Printers"
  • In the Devices and Printers window, right click on your HP printer and select "Printing preferences."
  • In the printing preferences window, click on the paper type/quality tab. You should see an option to select the paper type, size and enable/disable borderless printing. I suggest you to disable borderless printing. 
  • You may also check the other tabs and explore the printing options. 
  • These all options will be available if the drivers are installed. 

For Mac OS please refer to the steps from this link.

I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Keep me posted. Cheers! 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.