Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

My HP PSC 1400 All-in-one printer always gets to offline mode after a print job is cancelled or caused an error. I will need to ALWAYS restart my computer everytime this happens because it has been the ONLY way for the printer to get online again. The HP Solution Center says it's online and ready for printing. I can still scan documents.

ss1.png

But the problem is that everytime I try to print a document from MS Word 2013, it says the printer is offline.

I tried printing from another program like Notepad, it still says offline. Even the printer manager says its offline.

ss2.png

I read from another post that a scan doctor or something may solve this problem but the link is no longer available. Can I ask for a help from you all here? Thanks.

by the way, my OS is Windows 8.1.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi there @eriksala, welcome to the forumsSmiley Happy

I saw your post about your PSC 1400 series printer showing you it's offline and will not print on your Windows 8.1 system. I have a suggestion that might help you get through this problem. The tool you also mentioned, the Print and Scan Doctor is one of the steps during the troubleshooting as well!

I hope this gets you back online and printing again.Woman LOL

'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the Printer Will Not Print: Windows 8

Please let me know the results.

Have a wonderful day!

a i n b o w 7000

I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi there @eriksala, welcome to the forumsSmiley Happy

I saw your post about your PSC 1400 series printer showing you it's offline and will not print on your Windows 8.1 system. I have a suggestion that might help you get through this problem. The tool you also mentioned, the Print and Scan Doctor is one of the steps during the troubleshooting as well!

I hope this gets you back online and printing again.Woman LOL

'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the Printer Will Not Print: Windows 8

Please let me know the results.

Have a wonderful day!

a i n b o w 7000

I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Thank you for the reply Rainbox7000, I will try your solutions and will post an update as soon as I can. I truly appreciate your customer support. Thank you again. Kudos to you.

HP Recommended
Hello Rainbow7000. Sorry for the late update, it took a long time beforenthe problem of the printer getting offline after an error. I guess it got scared if the Doctor. Lol Anyways, after printing a few pages last night, some where it caused an error again. I ran the Print and Scan Doctor. The printer was still reported as offline although the Doctor reported that errors were found and fixed. I ran the Doctor again and tried reprinting. It printed! No more error! Problem solved.
I now have a remedy every time my printer has an error. Thank you very much.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.