Tutor
11 8 1 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP PSC 2175: printer won't allign print cartridges "paper too narrow" message,

PSC 2175 all-in-one printer scanner copier
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I changed the black ink cartridge & now the PSC 2175 won't copy from the glass & does not complete cartridge allignment. displays message: "paper too narrow, load wider paper". Prior to this, the PSC 1275 also indicated that there is a paper jam, but there is no paper jam to clear. pressing the "enter" button gets rid of the "paper jam" message. The PSC 2175 prints when commanded from my HP Notebook PC and the HP Print & Scan Doctor indicates the printer is working properly. Serial #:MY35DC93SR Product#:Q3066A

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Intern Intern
Intern
17 16 2 1
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

simply try cleaning the electrical contacts carefully and gently, with Distilled Water on Q-Tips or on a lint free rag. Its more likely that the electrical contacts on the  Ink cartridge, or inside the Print Cartridge Holder Assembly, may simply be dirty. Using damp Q-tips [not wet or dripping], gently and carefully wipe off the copper colored electrical plates on the cartridges and the electrical contacts inside the holder assy. Its best to use "Distilled Water", because it has less chemicals and minerals in it, than tap water and regular tap water can actually cause additional problems. Use new dry Q-Tips to dry off all the electrical contacts after cleaning...The only way to really eliminate a possible bad cartridge [even if it happens to be a new cartridge], is to actually replace it, or test it in another printer that uses the same cartridge and was working ok with its own cartridges installed. Unfortunatly, that is usually not practical, unless you know someone that has the same printer or uses the same cartridge in their printer.

Thanks & Regards

Note: Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.Smiley Happy

I am an HP employee
0 Kudos
Grad Student Grad Student
Grad Student
292 292 9 27
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please follow the steps mentioned in the link below and see if this helps you

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-psc-2170-all-in-one-printer-series/90805/model/90810/documen...

thanks

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

--Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution
0 Kudos
Teacher Teacher
Teacher
71 71 3 9
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

Before loading the paper on the tray, kindly try adjusting the guides by moving them in and then out. Kindly ensure that the paper sheets are not curled or damaged and load a few sheets to complete the alignment. Close the guides lightly around the sheets and try the alignment process again.

Kindly perform the following steps below

1. Use plain white 8.5 * 11 sheet paper

2. Remove the cartridges from the printer

3. Close the front access door

4. Power off the printer

5. Disconnect the power cable from the back of the printer

6. Reconnect the cable after about a minute or more

7. Wait for the printer to prompt you to insert the cartridges

8. Insert the cartridges and follow the on-screen instructions

9. Ensure that plain white sheet paper is loaded and continue the alignment process

Hope this helps!

***Although I am an HP employee, I speak for myself. Suggestions are my own only. If my post helped you kindly click the Kudos button. If the issue was resolved, kindly click the Solutions Accepted button.***

I am an HP employee, but the posts are my own. If my post helped you, kindly click the Thumbs Up, Accepted Solution buttons. Cheers!
0 Kudos
Alpha14 Tutor
Tutor
11 8 1 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Cleaned the cartridges: It did not fix problem. Considering buying another cartridge, but haven't done so yet. Thanks for the reply

0 Kudos
Alpha14 Tutor
Tutor
11 8 1 0
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Followed the instructions you gave: Did not fix the problem. Thanks for the reply!

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation