Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Hi,

how to do hard reset for HP PageWide Pro MFP 477 dw ?

we turned off network by mistake during install and now there is no way how to turn it on again,

restore to defaults doesn't help,

Thanks,

jk

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

I have the exact same problem on my hp pagewide pro MFP 577dw

Please help

HP Recommended

I found a solution: Switch off the Printer. Switch On and keep pressing the Power button and the Touchpanel --> Touchpanel is getting black -> wait for about a minute then - I am not sure which keycombination is the right on but just try pressing the side icons - one of them will lead you to a menu where you can make a fullreset. After that the printer is acting as a new one

HP Recommended

I can not do a hard reset as you describe it. Would it be possible for you to explain to me more precisely how you succeeded? My printer is a disaster, it doesn't print but wicks, no USB connection or direct wifi : (

HP Recommended

Hello, i am from Germany and i found in a german Printer-Community an article, that goes also for my HP-Pagewide-Pro-MFP-477dw and i think also for some more HP-Printer! This article has 2 pages... Good luck!

https://www.druckerchannel.de/artikel.php?ID=3195&seite=1&t=wenn_nichts_mehr_geht_der_officejet_rese...

HP Recommended

To Reset the HP Pagewide Pro 577, you must first enable the Factory Reset from the hidden 'Enable/Disable' menu.

To access the hidden 'enable/disable' menu, from the home screen, press Home, Back, Home, Back. PagewideScreen.JPG

Touch 'Enable/Disable' when it appears at the top of the screen. From here, Scroll Down to 'Factory Reset' and enable that.

To Access the Factory Reset: 

On the Control Panel, touch the Settings Gear.

Select: Printer Management

Select: Restore

Select: Restore Factory Defaults, and select Continue

The product will give you a warning about resetting all passwords (ews and otherwise), then restart automatically.

When it reboots, it will be back to factory settings. All settings, including manual IPs, will have been reset.

HP Recommended

It works! thanks for the intructions. Unfortunatelly it is not useful for setup cartridges. I bought two new pagewides 477 and one of them has to go to warranty, so I have its setup cartridges but I can use it in the other printer because they're not "initialized".

Anyway thanks,

Rebecca

HP Recommended

Thank you HP support, the reset worked.

regards

Sharief

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.