Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

If you do not have an Ethernet (LAN) connection, just make sure that it is enabled. I had to do that after the reset. WLAN was working fine. Good luck ;-). 

HP Recommended

Hi, to get in the menu press and hold the touchscreen and the power button. After about 20 seconds the screen became black and the three icons on the left side would be shown. Then hold the ? icon for 30 - 40 seconds. After that touch the home icon. Some times i had to repeat this step. Then you reach a service menu where you can make the full reset.

HP Recommended

Thanks for all your help. We will try the reset on the next unit we get back. I really appreciate everyone's efforts. Have a beer on me!

Cheers!

Robert

HP Recommended

I am trying here and did a full reset by instruction but I it still looks like there is password locking my options. 
I have printer where people forgot there password.

HP Recommended

If you tried the process:

Hi, to get in the menu press and hold the touchscreen and the power button. After about 20 seconds the screen became black and the three icons on the left side would be shown. Then hold the ? icon for 30 - 40 seconds. After that touch the home icon. Some times i had to repeat this step. Then you reach a service menu where you can make the full reset.

Maybe try it several times. I never got a chance to try it but if it is not working then I think you will have to change the main board or get a new printer. Sorry I can't be of more help than that...

HP Recommended

I think this is a red herring. You dont need to login. The login section is still there even if you dont have any accounts set up so just ignore it. If you cannot access the printer at all and need to reset the Embedded Web Server password then look at the solution involving pressing home back and home anfd back as that is correct.

HP Recommended

This doesnt work. Someone else has mentioned about home back home back and then enabling the factory reset option. That works.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.