Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have tried resetting the network settings to the factory settings and continue to get the "Server Connection Error"

"Unable to connect to Web Services. Confirm Internet access and try again"

At first it prompted for a username and password - I forgot that and did the recommended reset to factory default settings.

I was able to successfully scan to the computer via wireless prior to resetting to default settings - now cannot do that.

Please advise.

Thanks.

JJ

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@JohnnyMordoc

Thank you for the update.

In that case, try these steps to re-enable the web-services - 

  

Step 1 Remove the Web-Services - 

1. From the top of the screen, touch or swipe down the tab to open the Dashboard, touch ( HP ePrint ), and then touch (Web Services Settings). 

2. Touch Remove Web Services. 

  

Reboot the devices. 

  

Step 2 Enable the Web-Services - 

1. From the top of the screen, touch or swipe down the tab to open the Dashboard, and then touch ( Setup ). 

2. Touch Web Services Setup . 

3. Touch Accept to accept the Web Services terms of use and enable Web Services. 

4. On the screen that appears, touch OK to allow the printer to automatically check for product updates. 

5. If the Printer Update Options screen is displayed, select one of the options. 

6. When the printer is connected to the server, the printer prints an information page. Follow the instructions on the information page to finish the setup. 

  Have a nice day!!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@JohnnyMordoc,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I reviewed your post and I understand that you are getting an error when you scan to the computer.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I recommend you follow the below steps and check if it helps.

The HP Print and Scan Doctor might get this sorted out

Please download and run the HP Print and Scan Doctor from this Link: https://ftp.hp.com/pub/printers/hppsdr/HPPSdr.exe

Run PSDR v5.0.2 

Once the PSDR detects the Printer, it will show up the IP address and Software Status. 

Select the correct Printer and click on Next. 

PSDR will check if the Printer is on the Network and communication between the PC and the Printer. Once the connection check is done, click on Fix Printing 

Once PSDR goes through all checks and automatic fixes, click on Print a test page. 

Regardless if PSDR printed the test page or not, click on “NO PRINT” 

PSDR will then notify you that there is an update available, click on continue, and PSDR will apply the patch and ask for a reboot. 

Post restart the PSDR will run automatically to check for more issue.  If no issue found close PSDR. 

Also, try using the HP Smart App and let me know if that helps. Link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/hp-smart/9wzdncrfhwlh

You can refer to this link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03561640 for more information on HP Smart App

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for the info.

Sorry for any confusion - the error happens when I attempt to scan to email.

I am able to scan to the computer successfully - just not email the scan.

I have even tried creating a new email address.

The one thing I have not tried yes is rebooting my wireless network - but do not see that as the cause because everything else is working - but who knows?

I have tried resetting everything to the default and no luck.

Please advise.

JJ

HP Recommended

@JohnnyMordoc

Please update the firmware and then restart the printer and try accessing HP web services again:

Please click to download the firmware.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/printers/ps7520/PS_7520_R1830A.exe

Have a nice day!!

HP Recommended

Hmmmm - I attempted to run the firmware update and it says it status is "up-to-date".

Is there a later version?

Please advise.

HP Recommended

@JohnnyMordoc

In that case, try these steps to re-enable the web-services - 

  

Step 1 Remove the Web-Services - 

1. From the top of the screen, touch or swipe down the tab to open the Dashboard, touch ( HP ePrint ), and then touch (Web Services Settings). 

2. Touch Remove Web Services. 

  

Reboot the devices. 

  

Step 2 Enable the Web-Services - 

1. From the top of the screen, touch or swipe down the tab to open the Dashboard, and then touch ( Setup ). 

2. Touch Web Services Setup . 

3. Touch Accept to accept the Web Services terms of use and enable Web Services. 

4. On the screen that appears, touch OK to allow the printer to automatically check for product updates. 

5. If the Printer Update Options screen is displayed, select one of the options. 

6. When the printer is connected to the server, the printer prints an information page. Follow the instructions on the information page to finish the setup. 

  Have a nice day!!

HP Recommended

Thank you!

I was actually able to remove the Web Services via the webpage for the printer.

Then reboot the printer and then enable the Web Services via the portal again.

The key is to be sure you get the confirmation page so you can reset and add your printer back to the site.

I was able to configure an email address to send document to the printer via email and also to scan to email (the original isse).

All is working!!

Thanks for your help and I hope this helps somebody else!!

HP Recommended

@JohnnyMordoc

We are happy to hear that the provided solution worked.

If you have any other concerns. 

Please get back to us. We will assist you.

Have a nice day!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.