Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

I too was getting ink system failure error codes, then progressing to carriage jam and improper shutdown codes. Tried the reset sequence and got looping on startup for a while. Looked in several threads on this forum, tried a solution advocated by a couple of users, replacing the 330uf 10v capacitor at the c228 position on control board. Seems to have cured the problem at a cost of $.75.

HP Recommended

Hello, I want to thank you for your solution to replace the 330uf 10v at c228.  I did this and it seems to be working so far.

The only problem I had was to find the component all else went great.

Once again

Thank You.

HP Recommended

Performed procedure as described.  Black did not print on self test.  Replaced blakc cartridge with re-manufactured cartridge . . . same result.  Any sugesstions?

HP Recommended

What is error 0xc18a0001 thjat defines Ink System Failure on Photosmart 3210? Can it be reset by a machine routine or some other method?

Appreciate hel!.

HP Recommended

My printer started getting this ink system failure message soon after I started using HP high capacity ink cartridges.

I got on once by trying what this message says, but soon after it happened again and I've not been able to get beyond the error message since,

The initial message code is Oxc19a0021,

The message I get at step 1 is R0625M.

Is there anything else I can try ?

HP Recommended

I have tried to fix my photosmart c5180 using the method below I get to number 6 and all i get is a blue screen with the hp icon......I have tried this method at least 10 times....please help I am a 63 year old man on a disability pension and my funds are limited..I purchased the printer brand new 16 months ago and it has done very limited work...I have kept a record of my work 11 letters printed and 18 photo's in color....PLEASE is there anyone out there that can HELP....Cheers Russell

HP Recommended

Do you have a fix for the Photosmart 3210 - Ink System Failure? 

Thanks...

HP Recommended

I want to take this opportunity to thank you very much for your help.  I tried what you suggested and my printer is working perfectly.  I am forever in your debt.  I had tried the "help" suggestion on the HP web page (unplugging the unit, etc. and removing the ink cartridges, etc.) but to no avail.  What you had suggested worked perfectly.  Again, thanks for you help.  You saved me from buying a new printer.  I love my C5180 printer.  I have had it for 4 years and tell all my friends and family to but only HP.  I have 2 other HP printers and they work great.  I have always had HP printer over the past 16 years and swear by the.

Again, thanks.

HP Recommended

I am totally grateful for your help in solving the problems I encounter with my C5180 printer. After three months its now printing perfectly. Thanks very much!!!!!!!!!!

HP Recommended

Need help; I'm getting the error message Oxc19a0021, ink system has failed. Can not find out what this means or how to fix it.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.