Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Thanks so much !

Like all the other folks, I tried the "official" HP solution many times without success, and then tried their pals in India, who couldn't solve the problem either...but you did !!

HP Recommended

I tried this and every other suggestion I have been able to find and my magenta still does not print.  The cartridge works in another printer.  Where do i go from here????

HP Recommended

Thank you!!!  This worked on my C8180.  I had to hold the "red eye removal" and "print photos" keys down to get to the system configuration menu, which i figured out from a different post, but after that i could follow all the steps and it worked.  Thank you!!

HP Recommended

I am happy to have found this discussion thread. I followed the directions at least 3 times and still got the error (maybe I didn't follow directions as closely as I thought) but I then went and purchased a new HP "just in case" the last time didn't work. Voila!! I have not seen the error message again and have printed several times on my C5180 (which has been a good printer for over 4 years). So, the moral of the story......have another printer on standby!!:smileyhappy: I still have 30 days to return the new printer (never out of the box) to Best Buy so will see.....

HP Recommended

Hey thank you for the info. This worked great the first time. I though I was hosed and needed a new printer... as someone stated my printer does not get a lot of use and I needed to complete my taxes.

Thanks again

HP Recommended

I've followed this exactly several times and it still doesn't work.  My error message is 0xc5d1281.  Any other suggestions?

HP Recommended

HI, WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY ENTER SPECIAL COMBO" C. 

HP Recommended

My C5180 has 2 error codes.  OXC19a0021 and OXC1920035  Also, what is the "special combo"?

HP Recommended

thank you! this worked perfectly!

HP Recommended

I have the 0xc19a0021 error message and need a fix real soon of HP printers are done for me.  I always had an HP printer till this one and it just will not work correctly.  I makes all kinds of noise and error messages about ink.  When it will print

I am happy with the product. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.