cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
6 2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

HP Photosmart 5510 Not Printing

HP Recommended
Asus X512D
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

OK...I posted on here about my HP Photosmart 5510 before.  Summary:  I tried everything I could think of to make my Windows Laptop Print.  It goes through the motions, acts like it is printing something out, but no ink comes out.  I tried printing something directly from the printer, but again, it didn't print!

Yesterday, I needed to print off some documents from my e-mail.  I didn't feel like grabbing my laptop, so I tried printing from my phone.  It came out very light, but at least it printed!  To make sure it wasn't a fluke, I printed off a document my husband sent me that he wanted me to edit.  It printed too!  I have a LG G5.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 14
12,645 12,639 863 1,526
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Have you tried cleaning the printhead, click here for more info.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post that solves your issue as "Accept as Solution".
I am a volunteer and do not work for HP.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
6 2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes, that falls under the "Everything I could think of" category.  I spent hours cleaning the printhead and pretty much whole ink cartridges.  Colour ink works fine, black ink doesn't.  However, I don't understand why it was able to print from my phone, but not my laptop.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 14
12,645 12,639 863 1,526
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The black printhead is most likely clogged, you can try cleaning it manually.

Youtube has many vids on this subject.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post that solves your issue as "Accept as Solution".
I am a volunteer and do not work for HP.
0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation