Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Hi hoothowl, 

So if your printer was purchased last Nov it's probably still under warranty (typically it's one year from the purchase date). If your issue is Black not printing and you've tried all the usual troubleshooting then I'd suggest contacting HP phone support straight away as you may require a replacement printer.

Please let me know how you get on

Thanks, Ciara

Support phone no.s

http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/wwcontact_us.html

I am speaking for myself and not for HP. Twitter: @Ciara_B_27
HP Recommended

Same printer same problem.

Barely used.

Unimpressed does not cover it.

HP Recommended

@nothappy2 wrote:

Same printer same problem.

Barely used.

Unimpressed does not cover it.

Hi, by any chance is the printer still under warranty?

Check warranty status

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/weInput?cc=ie&lc=en

Black not printing

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Ink-Toner-Cartridge-Printhead-Issues/Black-not-printing/m-p/2926025

I am speaking for myself and not for HP. Twitter: @Ciara_B_27
HP Recommended

Having the same problem, printer will not print black ink.  Printer not under warranty, new cartridges, ran multiple print head cleaning, cleaned out the vent.  Aligned printer, went through 50% of new cyan cartridge.  Is there any other hope for this printer or is it time to purchase a new one (which will make me displeased and possibley look for another brand).

HP Recommended

out of warranty @ bby I replaced black ink and it goes through motions of printing but just a blank paper.  What is this print head clean thing?

HP Recommended

Try this Printer Does Not Print Black Ink or Color Ink, or Prints Blank Pages document. Solution three use the printhead cleaning tool.

007OHMSS

I was a support engineer for HP.

If the advice resolved the situation, please mark it as a solution. Thank you.
HP Recommended
007OHMSS I did repeatedly. Still didn't work. Any other suggestions other than the same paper that was posted four times prior
HP Recommended

Same problem - trouble shooting tips do not resolve the issue. Very disappointing. Will seek repair/replacement via warranty.

HP Recommended

The black cartridge was replaced last month & is half full. Worked well till today.  Test page shows no black. Alignment page shows no black. Printing from computer shows no black. Copy with any of three modes gives no black. Lot's of blank pages. Ran the clean printhead tools & tried with a pin manually. Read all this & think this is a defect that seems to pop up when the warranty is done. Very upset. My last printer lasted several years.

Printer is 4 weeks out of warranty.

HP Recommended

Having the same issue as well.  Tryed cleaning cartridge heads, tried updating software/drivers.  No luck.  And of course out of warranty.  Did Best Buy charge you to fix?  How much?  Would a printer be cheaper than the "Geeks" ?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.