Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

IHP Photosmart 6510 - Can't find USB port to connect to computer. Is it right in front of my face? I cannot find a schematic online. do not have wireless capability. Using MacPro with Snowleopard.Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

The usb port is item #22. as seen in the image. It is at the rear of the printer on the right hiand side.

6510_USB.jpg

Best regards,

erico

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi,

The usb port is item #22. as seen in the image. It is at the rear of the printer on the right hiand side.

6510_USB.jpg

Best regards,

erico

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Thank you! I guess I could use NEON ports! Thanks again.

HP Recommended

I am glad to have been able to assist you. 🙂

Best regards,

erico

HP Recommended

Since you are being so helpful, I also have my FAVORITE printer ever, the HP Laserjet 6MP that worked fine before I upgraded to Snowleopard (Mac OS X Ver. 10.6.8.) Now, it will print once and then go "offline" until I re-booth the computer. Then it will do the same thing.

Any ideas about how to fix this problem? Thanks!

HP Recommended

My  HP Photosmart 6510 printer does not have a USB socket on the back of it, as show in your diagram

When my WIFI is down (as it currently is) I cannot print.

What do I do?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.