08-01-2017 09:42 AM
Recently the HP Photosmart printer has started to jam frequently. Once the jam has been cleared and the printer restarted, regularly clean paper can continue to be pushed out until another jam occurs, or the printer is swwitched off. Have used HP Print and Scan Doctor 5.0 four times in the last 2 days, and as a result the driver has been updated.
Probably the problem is mechanical, but I would welcome any advice.
Solved! Go to Solution.
08-02-2017 02:57 PM
Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. 🙂 I came across your post and would like to help.
I understand that you have an HP Photosmart 6520 e-All-in-One Printer and frequently the paper jams in the printer. You have cleared the paper jam and have run the HP Print and Scan Doctor and the issue persists. I appreciate the steps you have performed and have certainly done a good job.
This is purely a mechanical issue as rightly pointed by you. I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix:
- Disconnect the power cable from the printer while the printer is still ON.
- Disconnect any other cables if connected the printer.
- Press and hold the printer’s power button for 15 seconds.
- The printer should be directly connected to the wall outlet and not to a surge protector.
- Reconnect the power cable to print and the printer should power ON by itself. If the printer doesn’t power ON then please manually power it ON.
Please perform the following steps from this HP article to fix paper jam issues:
- Solution two: Clear the jam from the printer.
- Solution three: Make sure that the carriage can move freely.
- Solution four: Clean the paper rollers inside the cartridge access area.
I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Let me know the outcome. Cheers! 🙂
08-03-2017 04:28 AM
Thank you, MKazi, for your very helpful advice. I have carried out Solution 1 successfully so far. When I have time in the next few days, I want to work through the other solutions to make sure that there are no scraps of paper anywhere, and to clean the rollers etc.
I will let you know the results.
08-04-2017 04:59 PM
Thank you for replying,
Please take your time and get back to me with the results,
I'll be awaiting your response and would be glad to help.
Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,
It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.
If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.
And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.
I am an HP Employee
08-18-2018 04:56 AM
I have a photosmart 6520 printer which keeps jamming paper. After I have cleared the jam it contines to feed paper until it jams again even though the print has finished. I have tried all the suggestions in other posts, uninstalled and reinstalled the printer. switched printer off and back on. Made sure printer is plugged directly into socket and cleaned rollers etc. Not sure what else I can do.