Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Photosmart 6520

The last couple of days of been trying to trouble shoot why the printer will not print the black ink.  I installed new ink cartridges and have ran the tools: printhead cleaner and align printer a couple of times.  I've uninstalled and restalled the software of my lap top and the firmware,  I wasted so much ink using the printhead cleaner tool that  I was briefly able to print in green--I guess that was due to the Magneta ink running low.   Meanwhile, I then tried putting a damp paper towel in the printer and moving the printhead back and forth over it to try and clean ink residue from the printhead.  There was alot of ink on the paper towels. The printer still would not print black.  I installed new ink cartridges and ran the printhead cleaner and align printer just one time.  The black ink is missing on printhead cleaner and align printer diagnostic printouts.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello,

Please click https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-photosmart-6520-e-all-in-one-printer-series/5169038/document...  to access the steps that should resolve the issue .

Note : Do not miss the "Step 3: Check the ink cartridge vents"

If issue still persists, i guess its time to go for a new printer as the printhead is a fixed part in this printer.

Regards,
Jabzi

Give Kudos to say "thanks" by clicking on the "thumps Up icon" .

Click "Accept as Solution" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
HP Recommended

I have previously followed the steps on the document.  I did check the vents on both sets of cartridges.

HP Recommended

Hello, 

You seem to have tried all the possible steps to fix this issue.

I guess its time to go for a new printer.

Regards,
Jabzi

Give Kudos to say "thanks" by clicking on the "thumps Up icon" .

Click "Accept as Solution" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.