11-18-2019 09:16 PM - edited 11-18-2019 09:19 PM
I would install my printer and then, maybe, a couple of days or even the next day--I"ll want to print something out and the printer will not be on the computer. This has happened to me numerous times and I don't quite understand why the printer seems to not be installed on computer even though it was.
I need feedback as to why this keeps on happening repeatedy?
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated
Solved! Go to Solution.
11-21-2019 06:19 PM
@efkorman716, Welcome to HP Support Community!
Use HP Print and Scan Doctor
Download HP Print and Scan Doctor and run the program. It will automatically diagnose and fix any printing or scanning issues.
For more information, go to https://support.hp.com/us-en/topic/printscandoctor
Restart the print spooler and try uninstalling the drivers-
Press “Windows key” + “r” to get the “Run” window.
Type "services.msc" to get Services – Go to “Print spooler” – Right-click and “Stop” the service.
Now again open "Run" - Type “spool” and ok - Go to PRINTERS folder - delete everything in that folder.
Go to services again - Start the print spooler.
Now uninstall and reinstall the printer driver. Follow the steps below-
1) In Windows, search for and open Programs and features
2) Select your HP Printer
3) Select Uninstall
4) In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers
5) In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose ‘Delete’ or ‘Remove Device’
6) Open up the run command with the “Windows key + R” key combo.
7) Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe”
😎 Click on the “Drivers” tab
9) Look for the HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom
10) Select Ok
11) Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows
12) Close Devices and Printers.
Now, download and install the full-featured software from here.
Keep the printer under observation for a day or two. Let me know the outcome.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee
12-03-2019 08:11 AM
This response seemed to do the trick. I do check periodically to see if the printer is still listed under devices and printers. And I am quite surprised and relieved to see it still listed. Halleuyah!
Thank you for your expertise
12-03-2019 03:21 PM
As luck would have it, I periodically check devices and printers and noticed after I posted my that I found the solution that my printer was once again not on the computer So my response that I had a resolution-I spoke too soon, So I am back to square one . I will keep my eye on this printer