Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have used the HP doctor to reconnect to network and it works.  The next time I log in to my computer, there is no communication between printer and network.  How do I stay connected all the time?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

I would advise telling the printer to Restore Network Defaults under the wireless menu of the printer, then reconnect to make sure the router is able to keep up with the location of the printer.  After doing so, then I would write down the IP address for the printer.  Type this IP into the address bar of your preferred browser and hit Enter to access the Embedded Web Server (EWS) of the Photosmart 7520.  Then select the Network tab for changing network settings.  Select Networking on the left to open more options, then select Network Address (IP).  Change the selection from Automatic to Manual.

• Type the IP address that the printer is currently connected to for the IP
  • Type the Domain and Subnet mask of your network.  This information can be obtained from the Network Configuration Report which can be printed from the Wireless menu of the printer.
  • Set the DNS servers to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

This is setting a static IP address for the printer and should help with issues where the printer does not maintain a network connection.

For more information about troubleshooting this issue click here.  Let me know if this is able to help with your connection issue.

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------

I am not an HP employee.
HP Recommended

I have been having the same problem.  Went through support, replaced printer.  Tried the static IP and still have the same problem.  I have multiple wireless devices on the network that all work fine, just the printer seems to have an issue.

HP Recommended

Hi dwvoegeli,

Can you check your message box? I have sent you a private message. If you're not sure on how to check this please follow this link: http://goo.gl/JC6yBX

I worked on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

How do I successfully get the 7520 printer to stay connected to the network? what is a static IP and how do I set this up?

HP Recommended

I just was able to configure my online IP statically (and all the default gateway mess) by using "ipconfig/all" in the Windows command prompt to find the information needed. 

I also had to change something in the properties, though.    One of the problems I have had over the years using DHCP (dynamic IP cofiguration) to obtain an IP is that the IP address in the Ports tab of the printer properties would not change when it should.   To check this, one visits the Devices and Printers page and right-clicks on the HP printer.  Choosing the Printer Properties option, another box opens up.  Under the Ports tab, you should find your printer's option checked.  If that IP address does not match the one listed in the printer, then choose Configure Port and adjust the IP address listed under Printer (not Port).  Sometimes this one thing prevents all printing, period, when not properly assigned.

Now that our printer is statically assigned, it is much easier to work with it.  It also made using the hpeprint email option easier as well, for what reason I have no idea.

And one more thing:  if you have done this properly, your router will tell you.  Routers usually have an ARP page and a DHCP page.  If your printer's IP address is still showing up in the DHCP page, it has not been configured properly.  If any of this is repeated, I apologize.  It just worked for me.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.