Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

i checked everything i could.  did the network configuration page   status is ready.  did the network test report and everything says pass strength is excellent. will not print.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi Marcialee,

I'm so sorry to hear that it still isn't working. I think at this point, it would be best for you to follow this Uninstalling the Printer Software document to get the software removed, and then please use the HP Printer Install Wizard to get the software reinstalled.

Let me know how this goes for you!!

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to thank me for responding! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post resolved your issue, as it will help others find the solution faster!

**MissTeriLynn**
I work on behalf of HP

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
HP Recommended

Hi Marcialee,

I understand you have a Photosmart C4580 that is not printing via the wireless connection. I'm sorry to hear this, but once I gather a bit more information I'd be happy to help!

1. Which version of Windows or Mac are you working with?

2. Do you have the HP software (if it's available) installed on your computer?

3. Do you get any errors when printing from the computer?

4. Were you able to print before via the wireless?

Once I have this information I should be able to offer some suggestions for you to try!

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post resolved your issue, as it will help others find the solution faster!

**MissTeriLynn**
I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

i have the windows 8.1.  yes i have the hp software installed.  no error messages.  yes to question 4.   

HP Recommended

Hi Marcialee,

Thanks for the reply!!

I will recommend that you download and run the HP Print and Scan Doctor as it should be able to either pinpoint the issue, or suggest a fix for said issue.

Let me know how this goes!

**MissTeriLynn**
I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

i did and it said everything ok   couldn't find any problems.

HP Recommended

Hi Marcialee,

Thanks again for the reply!

That is definitely odd. I will suggest that you try power cycling everything. Start with turning the printer and the PC off. Once both completely shut down, please pull the power cord from the router for 30 seconds. Once the router is back up and the lights return to normal please turn the printer and the computer back on. Please wait for everything to settle before you try printing again.

If it still won't print could you please print a new network configuration page and let me know what the first 3 sets of numbers are?

Let me know how this goes!

**MissTeriLynn**
I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

i did what you said.  didn't print.  i don't know what three numbers you need.  so here's what the page says.  network status ready.  active connection type wireless  url http:/10.0.0.5  firmware WRLxFN0823AR hostname HPF52293 serial number CN87R1309S057K password not set.                                                                                                                                                                    802.11 wireless  hardware address (MAC) 001f29f52293 status conneced communication mode infrastructure network name (SSID) HOME-E871 access point HW address cc35405de871 signal strength (1-5) 5  channel  11  Authentication type WPA-PSK encryption type Automatic (AES or TKIP)                                                                                                                                             is that good enough

HP Recommended

Hi Marcialee,

Thank you for the information, and I am so sorry, I forgot to put in that it was the IP address that I was wanting the first 3 set of numbers from, but you included that information so we're good to move forward!

The printer has a valid IP address, so I will suggest that you go into the Devices and Printers folder (through Control Panel), delete the Photosmart C4580 and then run the software to reinstall the driver. Once that is done you should be able to print again.

Let me know how this goes!!

**MissTeriLynn**
I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

believe it or not   it didn't print!!!

HP Recommended

update............it'll print one thing and stop.  did this a few times.  maybe 1 page per couple hours of trying 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.