Post new question
Question

Highlighted
Honor Student
Message 1 of 4 (119 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP Photosmart C4780 blurred text

Product Name: HP Photosmart C4780
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

The printer has developed a printing issue.  Photographs print beautifully, some documents print perfectly while others are so blurred that they are illegible.  A faulty print out will be blurred each time and this can happen on a document produced by myself or by others, e.g. email attachment. I have changed the cartridge (HP original) changed the paper, tried printing document onto glossy photo paper, checked and changed the settings, cleaned the heads, aligned the heads. The printed Test page is blurred.  Has anyone else had this problem and found a resolution?  I'm considering replacing the printer which is (just) out of warranty but it is brilliant at printing photographs.

0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Re: HP Photosmart C4780 blurred text

Hello, @Patricia7 – Hope you are well Smiley Happy

Welcome back to the HP Forum! This is a wonderful location to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips!

Going through your post, I understand that you are facing issues while printing documents with your Photosmart printer. To assist you with this issue, I need to know whether the printer can make a "Photocopy" or not.

Place a document face down on the scanner glass and press the copy option on the printer control panel. Let me know if it makes a good copy or not.

If the copy works fine, then the issue could be with the printer drivers on your PC. Try the steps below and check:

• Unplug the USB cable from the printer and computer if present.
  • Go to Control Panel – Programs and feature – Select all the HP Photosmart printer entries and uninstall them.
  • Restart your computer.
  • Now click on http://hp.care/2oVfOcb to download and install the printer drivers.
  • Connect the USB cable if prompted and follow the onscreen instructions to complete the installation.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance!

Good luck Smiley Happy

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

View solution in context
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 4 (91 Views)

Hello, @Patricia7 – Hope you are well Smiley Happy

Welcome back to the HP Forum! This is a wonderful location to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips!

Going through your post, I understand that you are facing issues while printing documents with your Photosmart printer. To assist you with this issue, I need to know whether the printer can make a "Photocopy" or not.

Place a document face down on the scanner glass and press the copy option on the printer control panel. Let me know if it makes a good copy or not.

If the copy works fine, then the issue could be with the printer drivers on your PC. Try the steps below and check:

• Unplug the USB cable from the printer and computer if present.
  • Go to Control Panel – Programs and feature – Select all the HP Photosmart printer entries and uninstall them.
  • Restart your computer.
  • Now click on http://hp.care/2oVfOcb to download and install the printer drivers.
  • Connect the USB cable if prompted and follow the onscreen instructions to complete the installation.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance!

Good luck Smiley Happy

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am an HP Employee

Honor Student
Message 3 of 4 (55 Views)

First of all I must apologise for not replying to your answer sooner.  It arrived the day we went on holiday for two weeks and I was unable to try your solution.  However, I have tried it today and it seems to have worked!  I've printed out three different documents and they  are all fine.  The only thing that I am unable to print out successfully is the 'test page' - The text on this page is still blurred.  This seems strange but is not important to me.  Thank you for your time and your solution.  It has saved me buying another printer when I am so pleased with the quality of photographs with this one.

Many thanks

Patricia

HP Support Agent
Message 4 of 4 (42 Views)

Hi @Patricia7,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that you are facing print quality issues with your HP Photosmart C4780 All-in-One Printer.

This issue could occur if the printhead is clogged or the electrical contacts on the cartridge or the printer are not working.

Let's go through a few steps that may help to fix this issue.

And here are a few steps for you in the link: Fixing Print Quality Problems

Let me know how this works.

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know and also show your appreciation by clicking the Accept as Solution button, Thumbs up" button!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation